banebu

banebu
Commendations : 34

Song Haven - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Song Haven 

[quote="GoSuJinZ"]^Neat song Razz But ur judging it as if you heard all the music round the world o.O
/quote]

For me it's best song ever, and I have listened to a fair amount of music.
Back to topGo down   1/1/2012, 4:54 am  
komarac78
Poison

Poison
Commendations : 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E1qeH1UUwU
BEST SONG EVER AND ITS AWESOME TILL YOU HEARD IT 100000000000000000000000000000000+ TIMES!
Back to topGo down   5/1/2012, 5:43 am  
GoSuJinZ

GoSuJinZ
Commendations : 32

^Listening xD... Pretty okay with me, very repetitive and slightly catchy I figure. It's a remix of a pretty old music though.
Click the picture/highlighted words for the Song (the picture is featuring/the word is mentioning)
Today's Hatsune of the Week, well... is gonna pretty long because I'm gonna review a 2010 concert with the original songs in it so thats like 24 songs. So... how should I start. I'll probably start on my opinion of the concerts first then... To me, unlike real life people concerts, Vocaloid concerts seems to have much better atmosphere and the songs are most of the time better than the original(Sadly they are cut). Maybe they are better because of the area the song is carried out in, for example... the echo effects and added guitar in Project Diva Desu during the concert is making the song so much better than the original. Anyways, the people who play for the Vocaloid's background music are random famous bands in Japan(Of course) and probably around the world too... or maybe in the East only. Then maybe the roaring of the crowd and some sing alongs also probably improve the song from it's original form. You guys may wonder, what's up with the green(some pink too) lights or leek looking lights that the crowd are holding? Well, since the concert is featuring Hatsune Miku who likes leek and special guest(Vocaloid) Megurine Luka which is themed pink, people buy lights that looks like a leek for Hatsune Miku and sometimes pink colour lights too for Megurine Luka.

Song Haven - Page 3 Line1111

Anyways I'll start with the first song which is known as ハジメテノオト(Hajimete no Oto) or The First Melody. This song is a pretty decent song. This song definitely has a background music but in the concert it goes on without the background music. Of course the song so far is fine until there is a pause and there is no surprise... which to me may be odd a bit. The song featured in the concert is also slower than the original but that is still fine(Maybe better because it is more relaxing >.< to hear). In overall the song is great even without it's background music... and as of again, until the pause. Compared to the original, I find the concert's version much better as it is more relaxing, more touching and well... more themic? I am also able to hear the best of her voice without any added instrument.

Song Haven - Page 3 40062488

So, with the background music in, a quite relaxing, calm and beautiful rhythm is added in. It is of course touching if you can put yourself into the creator's shoes and also understand what the lyrics really mean. The clarity is quite good throughout the song except for the chorus part... which I find it a bit messy(You can say that there is a lot of redundancy in this part). Of course they attempt to make it sound grand and grand it was but not in its best way. I think there is a better way to make the chorus grand other than this method. If it weren't for it's chorus I'll probably rate this an 8 or 8.5 but because of the chorus... well, let's say it dropped to 6 to 7 points. I also find that there is a better voice for this song(Of course, is still Miku's voice). The PV itself is quite... cute if you want to put it that way, sometimes you may wonder why they give you such sceneries(except for the computer room part because that's where all the music creator's spend time with Hatsune Miku). The graphics are not really that great but still... it is still a worth it graphics for such an old song(5 Years from 2012).

The next song is titled as "Project Diva Desu" or in English, "It's Project Diva!". Well, there isn't really much that I can say about this song because it is a repetition of 3 words which are DIVA, Desu, Purojekuto/Mamoru/?(Project)[Can't hear properly but I think that's what she said]. What I can say is, with the crowd chant's and the bass, the song is definitely a very "techno-beat" type which... well... works well in my favour. The lighting even make listening feel more awesome. With the echo from the original song, this song is well... my most favourite "chanting song". You may say that this song is even a bass rock category because of it's rock intro somewhere in the middle of the song(Only available in the concert, the original does not have it).

Song Haven - Page 3 19119897

The original is mostly the same as the one featured in the concert just that there is more techno effect to it and the sound is clearer(Less echo) than in the concert. As of again, like I said earlier, the song does not have any rock intro in it. Since this is a very techno chanting song, you can probably get it stuck in your head for quite some time just like me. I tried finding 10 hours of this video but oh well... I can't find it anyway, because this song is not that well known(in youtube) and well, I really have no clue why... This song you can probably say that both are equally good, I prefer the concert version though.

Song Haven - Page 3 17337426

Now we are at one of the most popular Miku songs which is World Is Mine. This song is a love song from Hatsune Miku to her lover telling her lover that she is like a princess and has to be treated like one(She gave some tips too!~). However the lover thinks that she is selfish(Well yeah, it seems selfish) and says that she is pretty much greedy. Miku then tries to prove him wrong that she isn't greedy and well... that part wasn't really answered. She then wanders off and was grabbed by a "random person"(her lover to be exact) telling her that she has to be more careful. The song then ended with her saying that her lover is more dangerous. The whole story of their love life remains as a mystery.

Anyways, moving on... I do not really like the original. Instead I prefer the remixed version.(With certain conditions though) I only like the original in concerts(Well... more than the remix itself). Reasons why I like the remix is pretty personal, so yeah, I do expect people to prefer the original more. The reason why I like the original in concerts only is because of the echoing effect which well... fills up the song more making the song a bit more complete in my opinion. Along with the chants of the crowd, I figure that well... that's how this song should be o.O.

The rhythm is pretty nicely done. I can probably categorize this as techno-pop-rock? Techno because of the intro, rock because of the whole song and some guitar solo and pop because of the rhythm. Definitely no overdoings in this song, everything is just to its optimal requirements so yeah, both clarity and zero redundancy is maintained. This is my 2nd favourite song that I came across in my life which is after Shining Ray(You may look that up if you want to). I think the part that I give most credit to in this song is the comeback, ending and intro... followed by the middle part(Yeah I know I know, I like the whole song).

Will do the other 21 songs later... it seems pretty tiresome >.<

Back to topGo down   6/1/2012, 11:45 pm  
Gelay

Gelay
Commendations : 30

that's why I like to go into a vocaloid concert, not like listening it from youtube, mp3, or player, I like to have a sensual unity of feelings with the crowd, or just positive mob mentality..

don't know why isn't miku (or some vocaloids) show up in the first 2 songs, could be some "special" effects to make the music more felt, dunno....

nothing to say with world is mine, just pur3 awesome Very Happy
I seem to agree that concerts intesify the music by alot by the factors it brings.
Back to topGo down   9/1/2012, 1:14 am  
GoSuJinZ

GoSuJinZ

Find myself lazy to do reviews on songs >.> I might as well go back to posting songs only again... prolly 1 song a day since I got overloaded with songs to post. Not only Vocaloids... many others too...
Back to topGo down   9/1/2012, 1:58 am  
Gelay

Gelay

GoSuJinZ wrote:
Find myself lazy to do reviews on songs >.> I might as well go back to posting songs only again... prolly 1 song a day since I got overloaded with songs to post. Not only Vocaloids... many others too...

I know that feeling *pats shoulders*, I remember the day that I never finished a guide but one, Ooopps
Back to topGo down   9/1/2012, 2:03 am  
GoSuJinZ

GoSuJinZ

Gonna miss reviewing... oh well, I at least can spend time reviewing The Fat Duck which I think it is overly rated. There we go... my first non-Miku song... and also non-Vocaloid but still Japanese. Listen to it before the next 24 hrs!

EDIT As of Wednesday: Gonna add a pretty nice song that I find... well the best out of the non-vocaloid songs. Smile Give me 3 hrs and 20 minutes.
Back to topGo down   9/1/2012, 2:26 am  
banebu

banebu

This song is for gelay if he hasn't listened to it yetDubstep <3. First time I linked dubstep since this one actually has words. So I can classify it as a song.
Back to topGo down   20/1/2012, 11:27 pm  
komarac78
Gelay

Gelay

banebu wrote:
This song is for gelay if he hasn't listened to it yetDubstep <3. First time I linked dubstep since this one actually has words. So I can classify it as a song.

didn't you know,techno trance is my 4th favorite music genre <3

Dude, Sexy Voice and lyrics is Sexy.
the only thing I dislike to dubstep/techno is sometimes it earrapes you, and its the bad earrape.

Back to topGo down   21/1/2012, 1:30 am  
banebu

banebu

True that gelay,true that
Back to topGo down   21/1/2012, 2:33 am  
komarac78
Nyuklehead

Nyuklehead
Commendations : 0

This thread needs some banjo so here are some of my favorites.

Genre: Bluegrass
Spoiler:

Last edited by Nyuklehead on 21/1/2012, 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to topGo down   21/1/2012, 10:06 am  
GoSuJinZ

GoSuJinZ

I shall post this song here so that it lives on Smile One of my most favourite Vocalorock songs.
Spoiler:
Back to topGo down   23/1/2012, 1:19 am  
Gelay

Gelay

Nyuklehead wrote:

Spoiler:

you got some taste buddy ;)

@Gosu: tora dora, lol
Back to topGo down   23/1/2012, 5:31 am  
GoSuJinZ

GoSuJinZ

Nyuklehead wrote:

Spoiler:
o.O, just realized some banjo's in here. Will listen tomorrow.
Pretty dope taste, I actually like these kind of music back when I was younger. Now, well... venturing to J-Music
Back to topGo down   23/1/2012, 6:04 am  
GoSuJinZ

GoSuJinZ

Happy Birthday to one of my most favourite Vocaloids, Megurine Luka(30th Jan)!!! xD Now, to feature a number of favourite songs that I have in my collection Smile.
No Logic:
Period:
Dust:
Midnight Driving:
Last Song:
涙の海:
Back to topGo down   30/1/2012, 3:00 am  
Gelay

Gelay

and here is me, not updated on vocaloid birthdays, LOL..
Back to topGo down   30/1/2012, 5:10 am  
Bazinga

Bazinga
Commendations : 50

What's all this anime crap?Get real!
Back to topGo down   30/1/2012, 5:57 am  
Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper
Commendations : 39

Bazinga wrote:
+rep
Back to topGo down   30/1/2012, 7:38 am  
apollo547732
Bazinga

Bazinga

Grim Reaper wrote:
Bazinga wrote:
+rep
+rep for having an awesome skyrim sig (just like meh) Razz
Back to topGo down   30/1/2012, 7:49 am  
Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper
Commendations : 39

Bazinga wrote:
Grim Reaper wrote:
Bazinga wrote:
+rep
+rep for having an awesome skyrim sig (just like meh) Razz
awh yeah Very Happy Skyrim FTW!!!
:O:O:O 30 rep Very Happy finally ^^
On-topic:
Back to topGo down   30/1/2012, 7:51 am  
apollo547732
GoSuJinZ

GoSuJinZ

Bazinga wrote:
Ain't anime, they are Vocal Androids.
Back to topGo down   30/1/2012, 11:29 am  
Bazinga

Bazinga

GoSuJinZ wrote:
Bazinga wrote:
Ain't anime, they are Vocal Androids.

Oh. Hey Gosujeans! *cough*
Thanks for the correction. It is appreciated.
Spoiler:
Back to topGo down   30/1/2012, 11:45 am  
GoSuJinZ

GoSuJinZ

Heh, but just no hates.
Back to topGo down   30/1/2012, 10:48 pm  
Bazinga

Bazinga

GoSuJinZ wrote:
Heh, but just no hates.
No one is hating Very Happy Amirite?
Back to topGo down   31/1/2012, 12:20 am  
Gelay

Gelay

meh....
Spoiler:

edit: gosu, maybe it's the time for that meme again....
Back to topGo down   31/1/2012, 12:33 am  
Sponsored content

Back to topGo down     

Song Haven

View previous topic View next topic Back to top