D2P.Nexus

D2P.Nexus
Commendations : 163

D2D #4 - The most imbalanced Hero Empty
PostSubject: D2D #4 - The most imbalanced Hero 

D2D #4 - The most imbalanced Hero?

CLOSED

Welcome to the fourth "Dota 2 Discussion" topic! We will be creating discussion topics like this in order to increase our Portal activity. Furthermore, you will be able to win some cool stuff, mostly Dota 2 items, simply by joining our conversations! I will be donating items directly from my personal inventory and reward those who are most active and constructive! So, let's proceed to our fourth discussion!

We have seen some huge patches a few weeks ago. Some Heroes got their stats changed, some of them got a complete makover. Surelly, Icefrog couldn't perfectly balance all of those skills and changes. Some Heroes are surelly slightly stronger than they should be. Which Heroes and why? What's your opinion?

How to win Dota 2 items?

To check the winners of the last discussion, click here. I will usually donate 2-3 items directly from my inventory. Sometimes those items will be uncommon, sometimes rare but mostly common. This time, our members donated a few items that will be used for this discussion.

D2D #4 - The most imbalanced Hero 330x1911D2D #4 - The most imbalanced Hero 330x1910 D2D #4 - The most imbalanced Hero 330x1913
W. C. of the H. Plains

Winner - Sineth
Grand C. of the A. Admiral

Winner - cydestiny
Runestaff of Verodicia

Winner - percevil

To get your prize, add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047018876

Important info!

There are a few things that you should be aware of.

1. You have to have at least 10 posts in order to win the item(s).

This doesn't mean that you have to post 10 replies in this topic! Don't spam with simple "one-word" posts, we hate that! Razz You have many cool forums on our site, browse through them and reply to some. Easy as that! Join our last discussion - Link and share your thoughts there. Make sure to leave some feedback to our new project - Blog entries made by Sairex, here and here

2. Only constructive replies with a good content will be taken into an account.

Don't just say - Yes, I like this idea. Tell us what you like and why! We will read every single comment, don't worry. We also plan to join you and discuss with you! Of course, breaking the common forum rules won't be tolerated (double posts, cursing, trolling etc.)

3. When will we decide about the item winners?

We will do discussions like this very often, so there is a high chance that you will eventually get something cool from us. Once we publish our next discussion, we will again read through the comments from the previous discussion and randomly reward 2-3 guys (2-3 items) with the "normal" comments that have more than 10-15 words. Help us to create a nice discussion environment and I promise that eventually we will provide you with very, very cool items! Smile

D2P.Nexus

Feel free to visit my profile in case you want to check out my inventory! Smile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047018876

Last edited by D2P.Nexus on 7/11/2012, 6:36 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to topGo down   28/10/2012, 12:30 am  
https://www.facebook.com/dota2portal https://twitter.com/#!/DOTA2Portal/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047018876 http://raptr.com/dota2portal https://www.youtube.com/user/Dota2PortalTV
Gelay

Gelay
Commendations : 30

PostSubject: Re: D2D #4 - The most imbalanced Hero 

In pub scenes? definitely Centaur.
I played against him like 20x already, and about 2/3 of the times, I lose to him. The dude is a beefy initiator, ehermm.. does he even need blink dagger now? I mean a global buff for your allies to have Haste+Phase while having a dmg+stun if they collide with an enemy?
If Centaur have friends, they would be Enigma, Earthshaker, Sand King, Magnus or any Initiators alike etc. Stampede also compliments his semi-hard-to-land stun and his melee dual edge.

Last edited by Gelay on 28/10/2012, 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to topGo down   28/10/2012, 12:51 am  
luffyafi

luffyafi
Commendations : 0

the ulti is so imba. very useful in team fight
Back to topGo down   28/10/2012, 12:53 am  
Sineth

Sineth

Hello everyone , I think some of the most unbalanced heroes are Axe , Bloodseeker and Phantom Lancer .

For the early stage of game Axe is incredibly over powered and can counter almost anything with ease. Either he chooses Counter Helix or Battle Hunger he's unstoppable . Everyone knows BloodSeeker's ultimate is a pain in the ass and since they reduced it's cooldown it's so easy for him to kill the enemy.

And , at last. The most impossible hero to counter and stand against is Phantom Lancer ! He has a spam-able nuke and slow , excellent escape ability plus a huge agility gain. In the late game he becomes so powerful that he can't be stopped . He's impossible to be disabled because no one knows who is the real one . Incredible damage , he steals the mana of the heroes in seconds because of diffusial blade. He creates chaos and owns the entire late game.

Some other mentions are : Templar Assassin , Centaur , Juggernaut or geomancer.
Back to topGo down   28/10/2012, 1:13 am  
Gelay

Gelay

Sineth wrote:
Hello everyone , I think some of the most unbalanced heroes are Axe , Bloodseeker and Phantom Lancer .

For the early stage of game Axe is incredibly over powered and can counter almost anything with ease. Either he chooses Counter Helix or Battle Hunger he's unstoppable . Everyone knows BloodSeeker's ultimate is a pain in the ass and since they reduced it's cooldown it's so easy for him to kill the enemy.

And , at last. The most impossible hero to counter and stand against is Phantom Lancer ! He has a spam-able nuke and slow , excellent escape ability plus a huge agility gain. In the late game he becomes so powerful that he can't be stopped . He's impossible to be disabled because no one knows who is the real one . Incredible damage , he steals the mana of the heroes in seconds because of diffusial blade. He creates chaos and owns the entire late game.

Phantom Lancer is actually mana intensive in the early game, allowing him not to spam his spirit lance, if ever he did spam those things, he'll never have the mana he needs to dopplewalk, which he needs as escape. His illusions are easy to counter (excluding that you might have extreme micro in teamfights, your illusions will be together) with AoE blasts, if ever you don't have your heart yet. I think Phantom Lancer loses his power in late game because the damage of Radiance isn't that powerful at it is at early-mid game, and I think that there are more hard carries out there that can outcarry Phantom Lancer ( I basically watched a 2 hours and 50 minute game where Sniper and Gyrocopter in the late-late-late game eating Phantom Lancer like a piece of cake.). Bloodseeker, unless it is ganking time, during teamfight, or initiating a teamfight, can easily be countered by a 135 gold item called the Town Portal Scroll.
Back to topGo down   28/10/2012, 1:27 am  
qassamzed

qassamzed
Commendations : 53

imba ? imba ? imba ?

Centaur ofc...
his new ulti is very powerfull....both for chasing and retreat
imo :
The movement speed bonus from his ulti should be removed after the unit trigger collision "imagine like SB charge"
longer CD and moar mana....his ulti is GLOBAL and max movement !!

statistic never lie
https://dotabuff.com/heroes/winning

centaur,.. centaur everywhere
Back to topGo down   28/10/2012, 1:40 am  
cydestiny

cydestiny

First, of course the bandwagon-ed Centaur.
D2D #4 - The most imbalanced Hero Centaur_Warrunner
[Credits to Dota2wiki.com]

The changes made on his ultimate, i.e. changing it from a passive skill into an active skill actually buffed him up a lot.
In previous versions, the horse guy was already a good tanker however he depends heavily on item like Blink Dagger to be a good initiator. Due to the fact that he might need some time to farm without a spammable skill caused by his low mana pool as well as int growth, he didn't seem to be a good choice either in Pub or Competittive scene.
In the new patch however, not only that he gets a new ultimate that he could actually initiate with but his second is also made spammable without the need of mana. This increases his viability in a game. The buff however gone to far, especially for his ultimate. A global skill coupled with scalable damage is too much. I would like to see scaled down damage and the effect of stun removed (or only centaur himself is able to stun) but multiple instances of damage allowed.

Second, the sexy archer (not that ginger, not the princess and no bones aren't sexy at all, hint: white-haired).
D2D #4 - The most imbalanced Hero Drow_Ranger
With drow's new ultimate, it actually increased her fighting capability even further but still rendering her a "right-click" hero without much survivability. If handled well, this sexy lady can actually be beastly damage whore which can almost 1-shot every support heroes (PURE SUPPORT). Still, is boring to play her on bede]on bed[/strike], as you need 100% focus to get into the right hole lasthits.
Spoiler:

Third, the confusing Silencer.
D2D #4 - The most imbalanced Hero Silencer
Every time this guy cast his last word on me, I was like "Cast skill? Don't cast skill?" and when I'm just tyring to cast my skill, BAM, silenced, disarmed, cursed, damaged, buttf*cked. The change actually made him a good solo mid hero. 12 seconds cooldown, 100 mana cost, what else you need to stop that agressive voker? He didn't received any nerf in 6.76c so I assumed that everyone is happy with him or everyone is still busy with Centaur.

That's all I can think of now, to be continue when I think of something more to add-on.
Back to topGo down   28/10/2012, 2:01 am  
Sineth

Sineth

Gelay wrote:
Sineth wrote:

Phantom Lancer is actually mana intensive in the early game, allowing him not to spam his spirit lance, if ever he did spam those things, he'll never have the mana he needs to dopplewalk, which he needs as escape. His illusions are easy to counter (excluding that you might have extreme micro in teamfights, your illusions will be together) with AoE blasts, if ever you don't have your heart yet. I think Phantom Lancer loses his power in late game because the damage of Radiance isn't that powerful at it is at early-mid game, and I think that there are more hard carries out there that can outcarry Phantom Lancer ( I basically watched a 2 hours and 50 minute game where Sniper and Gyrocopter in the late-late-late game eating Phantom Lancer like a piece of cake.). Bloodseeker, unless it is ganking time, during teamfight, or initiating a teamfight, can easily be countered by a 135 gold item called the Town Portal Scroll.

I watched that game as well but I think the topic isn't about the hardest carry but about overpowered heroes. Indeed they can be countered , every hero can be countered somehow. But those are some heroes that I find kind of unbalanced
Back to topGo down   28/10/2012, 2:08 am  
Gelay

Gelay

I have no point to disagree with you on that, next hero I should state is: Nature's Prophet.

I rarely fight the guy because I am the one who picks him often. See, if this guy gets his lvl 6, lvl 11, lvl 16 and Aghanim's on time, he will surely punished you because you let him so. If you have 20+ kills lead on your enemies but you can't still rax their base, blame this guy, he has this ultimate that will not only control 1 lane, not only 2, but 3 lanes, and in the process, damaging you big time. He can summon these 5 guys whom ,together with him, can push your lane, tank the creeps and tower, kill the creeps then kills the tower. Even if you're winning a teamfight, a smart Nature's Prophet (considering that he is still alive that time) will just tp to your weakest lane and push it, forcing you to leave the pushing later and defend that lane, thus his allies can recover from that lost teamfight and for his base to not get raxed. and last but not the least, if ever his Hard Carry never got the chance to be fat, he can definitely become the one who does the right clicks for the team.
Back to topGo down   28/10/2012, 3:14 am  
Sineth

Sineth

NP can be a pain. Also in late when the enemies don't have room in their inventory for a quelling blade . Being trapped for 6 seconds in the sprout is insane.

On the other hand , whatever he does he still is a paper hero . I play nature prophet a lot and sometimes even though I have crazy gpm compared to the enemy , I still die in 3 seconds if caught on the wrong foot.
Back to topGo down   28/10/2012, 3:19 am  
Ateo

Ateo

I was going to stay with the flow, and flame on centaur, but just about hour ago, when i wanted to play dota, the update window pops up. Centaurs ult got nerfed, so i have no beef with him atm.

But another candidate for being overpowered imo is Alchemist. Even before 6.75 he could farm up to the sky, but now it's no comparison. If someone knows how to last hit, and has a good support can easily get boots of choice, radiance and heart before 20/25 minute (happened to me today). With game lasting 45 minutes, he could easily get all of his late game items and buy wards and gem for his teammates, and still have money for 2 buybacks. And its only his farming potential. If he farms his items, that's when the real fun begins.
His ult is a beast on 3 lv. Bonus 900 hp, dat attack and move speed. That is pretty huge. But wait! There's more! Sick hp and mana regen. Who could wish fore something more? Give him aegis, and you have won yourself teamfight without even trying:)

Anyway, that's my opinion which hero is op, but to be fair, it's hard to find a real op hero in dota. In dota it's pure paper rock scissors. If someone picks Magnatur, pick Nyx. Mana burn the shit out of him, when he wants to double egde you, use Spiked Carapace, he's going to get hit twice by it, and a bonus stun, just to be nice:) Everybody has it's counters. It's just up to us, to find them, and use them. Sometimes it's harder then it used to be befor, but we should find it eventually.

Have a nice one y'all Smile

Last edited by Ateo on 30/10/2012, 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to topGo down   29/10/2012, 8:15 am  
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ateozaur/
clumsyGAMER777

clumsyGAMER777
Commendations : 1

For me, I think the most imbalanced hero as of now is the centaur warrunner. His ultimate is a guaranteed stun (unless you can't click on the ground and aim for the enemies) and with a good initiation hero in combination is very devastating. I had a game where the game looks totally a definite loss at start, but once, me a centaur, got some decent strength items and tank items, we literally won the teamfights.

I think silencer is another OP hero in this patch because of his new active spell. It literally made most of the teamfights win. As a carry player (I can play any role) I literally did nothing in the teamfights (I was kinda fed) and stood there like a coward, because the silencer on the other team used his last word against me and then a global silence which is very devastating.

Another hero I want to point out is Drow Ranger. Her ultimate is powerful but not as powerful as centaur's or silencer but she can kill a lot more faster since her range is 625 IIRC. She can farm even more faster and get the items she needs.

These are my thoughts for the this discussion.
Back to topGo down   29/10/2012, 10:50 am  
Blood4u

Blood4u
Commendations : 37

In my opinion one of the most overpowered hereos are

Void and Templar assasin and maybe enigma.

Why?

Well in case of void you cannot protect yourself from getting cathed no bkb will save your ass an even with low farm 1 core item for him is at least 50% of your hp not to mention if you keep the game keen until min 30 you will have to win all teamfights with 3/2 vs 5 or even alone since if hes at least semi pro void will catch at least 4 of you and none of his team not to mention his initating and runing abiility to be purely op.A little brain is neded to farm bfury and cryustalys at least.

Templar assasin because of refraction an solo spell to keep up 5 instances of dmg if i recall correctly wthat costs only 75 mana altough with 15 sec cd but with 15 sec duration make her imbalance ,you can dodge all ultimates burters such as linas laguna blade necrlolytes death scythe and finger of death with 75 mana if used correctly not to mention her escapes pure penetration low mana cost meld and the fact taht you can hit all your enemyes in your front,when you take account in teamfights you hit at least 2 heroes.

Enigma is a little more balance because he needs to cast the ultimate but stiill,goes trhow bkb/and atractcs everybody,beside even dealing some decent dmg.

Morph woulve had taken the first place but got nerfed severly.

Back to topGo down   31/10/2012, 3:26 am  
http://radu.budau@gmail.com blood4u2
percevil

percevil
Commendations : 2

I usually hate labelling a hero as imba since I honestly believe every hero has their strengths and weaknesses however, with the new patch I gotta say...

Centaur
His ulti is super useful in public games and I can imagine how professional teams will use them. You will need stacked stuns or high nukes to kill a hero. No more will chases grant you kills once centaur reaches 6.

Drow
A carry that provides bonuses according to her agility. Need I say more? Protect her in tri lane and she will always give you more damage for last hits. And not to mention that ridiculous aoe on her silence.

Silencer
This guy I just tried a few hours ago and I gotta say even at level 2 it was really easy to gank. However if you want to maximize the nukes in early game you will lose out int by not adding states to glaives of wisdom. Not really a big deal.

Anyway I since I already have my wish to see centaur, now I wanna see legion and tauren chieftain. I can imagine all the hate I'm gonna get from using legion and all the hate I'm gonna expel from using tauren chieftain.
Back to topGo down   2/11/2012, 2:30 pm  
banebu

banebu
Commendations : 34

Most imba hero is wisp if you know how to abuse him! *winks at blood* well I seriously haven't tried the 6.75 patch but regarding prior patches most imba heroes were void and well.. Simply tiny!

Void goes as everything blood has said I fully agree with it and nothing to change.

A well played tiny can cause havoc in anygame and not even silence will help if hes smart enough to get a bkb! He has tons of damage late game and hes easy to farm with early game cause of his crazy nuke.. Not a single support hero will survive tiny in a 1v1 there is just no way. He can counter any melee carry with ease with his passive on lvl 4. If you get some nice attack speed items you do more dps than any melee carry can do with equal items. He is tanky, he has a stun, he has a good nuke synergy and high damage. You simply can't go wrong with tiny. Well maybe nowadays against new trax and silencer but I did not play 6.75! This is all strictly based on 6.74
Back to topGo down   2/11/2012, 7:56 pm  
komarac78
muhanad.gad

muhanad.gad

Imba Sven ULTI gives him 200% Damage i think thats alot of damage really and the Passive Cleave Thats More AOE Damage u Just need a BKB and a Mask of Madness and A CUTE Magnus to ulti them and you wont lose a fucking game its a fucking imba hero and drow its not an imba hero PUDGE FUCKS drow Literally
Maybe She got a bit too much dmg but she got like 1200 HP in minute 45!

UNFAIR Hero IS Pudge i think if u got hooked you are dead no matter who you are and what you have [Items] at minute [0-20]

srry for my bad English Smile
Back to topGo down   22/12/2012, 8:59 am  
https://www.facebook.com/#!/muhanad.gad
Jeav148

Jeav148

Trax... suck bullshit hero... i hate her so much that i would... would... well... nerf her agi gain to 0.1 and maybe silencer but he is strong only in the early game during laning phase.

Also PL, there isn't one game where pl is not there with a kotl or tinker to turtle... so annoying... and so stupid strat...
Back to topGo down   18/2/2013, 9:44 am  
Dago

Dago

The most imbalanced hero is Drow Ranger. Really? You get 6th level and now your damage is 100+ and insane attack speed=\
Back to topGo down   18/2/2013, 10:13 am  
tenkail

tenkail

Centaur + wisp/ jugg + tiny all this combos rules on pubs
Back to topGo down   18/2/2013, 11:41 am  
shadowfiendrules

shadowfiendrules

imbalanced? got to be dark seer. unstoppable at start, great support. but please don't nerf him. i love imba heroes.
Back to topGo down   18/2/2013, 12:08 pm  
Heathen

Heathen

Slark.
That hero you would never want to leave farming. Easy escape mechanism, rooting, HP regeneration all with very low cooldowns.
Back to topGo down   18/2/2013, 10:13 pm  
Jarob22

Jarob22

Definitely PL. His agi gain needs to be nerfed. Smile
Back to topGo down   19/2/2013, 1:40 am  
desandwich

desandwich

most OP hero = drow ranger, if the user positions her well.
Back to topGo down   25/2/2013, 5:28 am  
vashgelione

vashgelione

Phantom Lancer
Back to topGo down   1/3/2013, 2:31 am  
vashgelione

vashgelione