GravedamN


GravedamN
.
Commendations : 50
Join date : 2011-06-26
Posts : 2019

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

For those of you who aren't aware, the blog section has gone to the murky depths of the Basket.

http://www.dota2portal.org/f29-blog

Why?

I have no clue. I demand an explanation.

Further questions:
Is there no longer going to be a selection of 10 lucky winners who get a free copy?
Was this a lie?
Did everyone's hard work go down the drain? Check my signature for more information.
ABOVE ALL, WHY WERE WE NOT NOTIFIED?

Thank you for your swift response and I apologise if this matter has been previously attend to.

Say your prayers,
GravedamN.
Back to topGo down   5/2/2012, 10:35 am  
https://www.facebook.com/gravedamn http://steamcommunity.com/id/grvdmn/
Bazinga


Bazinga
.
Commendations : 50
Join date : 2011-05-22
Posts : 1830

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

Im pretty sure that some idiot like Banebu or a new mod just did it for teh lulz..
Kinda sad. I saw this long tiime ago when I wanted to write a blog about the current metagame, but then forgot since I had nothing to do there after that.

EDIT: yeah, this thread makes perfect sense. I'm for it!
Back to topGo down   5/2/2012, 10:52 am  
GravedamN


GravedamN
.
Commendations : 50
Join date : 2011-06-26
Posts : 2019

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

I would have demanded that the blog be brought back, but I don't know the situations.

For example, if we won't obtain the 10 copies.
Back to topGo down   5/2/2012, 11:00 am  
https://www.facebook.com/gravedamn http://steamcommunity.com/id/grvdmn/
Bazinga


Bazinga
.
Commendations : 50
Join date : 2011-05-22
Posts : 1830

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

He must be getting money from the ads on the site. I don't think $ will be the problem.
Back to topGo down   5/2/2012, 11:01 am  
GoSuJinZ


GoSuJinZ
.
Commendations : 32
Join date : 2011-08-26
Posts : 2551

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

Probably done by Nexus not bane, and probably for the reason because nobody makes good or new ones lately.
Back to topGo down   5/2/2012, 1:18 pm  
Bazeleel


Bazeleel
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 104

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

GoSuJinZ wrote:
Probably done by Nexus not bane, and probably for the reason because nobody makes good or new ones lately.

I would agree with this....it's logical. Blog sections rarly see any traffic. it's no ones fault, it takes a lot of work and time to write GOOD blogs. I do not think it's a needed sub-forum. Just use the forums as is and post blogs in a single thread you create. Example: "Bazeleel's blog thread".
Back to topGo down   5/2/2012, 1:28 pm  
https://www.facebook.com/CodeboxMedia http://twitter.com/CodeBoxMedia http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bazeleel/ https://www.youtube.com/CodeboxMedia Bazeleel
GoSuJinZ


GoSuJinZ
.
Commendations : 32
Join date : 2011-08-26
Posts : 2551

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

Bazeleel wrote:
GoSuJinZ wrote:
Probably done by Nexus not bane, and probably for the reason because nobody makes good or new ones lately.

I would agree with this....it's logical. Blog sections rarly see any traffic. it's no ones fault, it takes a lot of work and time to write GOOD blogs. I do not think it's a needed sub-forum. Just use the forums as is and post blogs in a single thread you create. Example: "Bazeleel's blog thread".
The first reason why the Blog subforum was created was to give away game keys(Not beta keys). Basically, those who worked real hard for it, got their work scrapped, like mine or GravedamN's.

It is either game keys are not having any worth as there is a high chance of D2 being free, or like what I have stated earlier that caused the sub forum to be removed... totally.

EDIT: Probably the release deadline is also too far to continue this "competition", looking at how slow Valve is at developing D2... one hero a week :/ and sometimes not heroes.
Back to topGo down   5/2/2012, 1:47 pm  
Bazeleel


Bazeleel
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 104

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

That is understandable. It might have been a issue with not having the right amount of prizes or something admin related that they don't wish to share. Again I'm new to the forums so I am going off what has happened to my self in the passed.
Back to topGo down   5/2/2012, 1:57 pm  
https://www.facebook.com/CodeboxMedia http://twitter.com/CodeBoxMedia http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bazeleel/ https://www.youtube.com/CodeboxMedia Bazeleel
qassamzed


qassamzed
.
Commendations : 53
Join date : 2011-02-10
Posts : 1575

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

like gozu said
Quote :
The first reason why the Blog subforum was created was to give away game keys(Not beta keys)
also there are miss speculation on d2 release date (valve said late 2011) & price still unknown

dun worry
i never found nex statement to close blog contest
but yeah put it on basket make me confuse

imo: it just inactive contest since most guest ppl just search beta-key topic
so myb just wait nex respond to explain the future of blog contest

ps:
if d2 goes free...myb the prize can changed to gift cosmetic item or etc for the blog winner


Last edited by qassamzed on 5/2/2012, 11:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to topGo down   5/2/2012, 11:10 pm  
qassamzed@yahoo.com
GoSuJinZ


GoSuJinZ
.
Commendations : 32
Join date : 2011-08-26
Posts : 2551

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

Cosmetics of course must be of the winner's choice, as there will be no point in winning something that you won't use.
Back to topGo down   5/2/2012, 11:13 pm  
qassamzed


qassamzed
.
Commendations : 53
Join date : 2011-02-10
Posts : 1575

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

^ IF dota2 goes free to play (everyone can have it)
so the prize from blog contest can change to D2 Cosmetic item....
Back to topGo down   5/2/2012, 11:24 pm  
qassamzed@yahoo.com
Gelay


Gelay
.
Commendations : 30
Join date : 2011-06-23
Posts : 2618

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

it's in the basket for (Greedy) Mods, not to edit the damn blogs for their own sake...


edit:
Just Wanted to Post This:
 
Back to topGo down   6/2/2012, 12:10 am  
nazi_world26@yahoo.com
banebu


banebu
.
Commendations : 34
Join date : 2011-07-27
Posts : 4521

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

Just so you know it wasn't me it was nexus and it was done for reason unknown.
Back to topGo down   6/2/2012, 1:06 am  
komarac78
Bazeleel


Bazeleel
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 104

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

Oh dear lord i hope D2 doesnt go free....
Back to topGo down   6/2/2012, 1:38 am  
https://www.facebook.com/CodeboxMedia http://twitter.com/CodeBoxMedia http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bazeleel/ https://www.youtube.com/CodeboxMedia Bazeleel
GoSuJinZ


GoSuJinZ
.
Commendations : 32
Join date : 2011-08-26
Posts : 2551

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

Bazeleel wrote:
Oh dear lord i hope D2 doesnt go free....
Same here but haters gonna hate.
Back to topGo down   6/2/2012, 3:30 am  
banebu


banebu
.
Commendations : 34
Join date : 2011-07-27
Posts : 4521

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

GoSuJinZ wrote:
Bazeleel wrote:
Oh dear lord i hope D2 doesnt go free....
Same here but haters gonna hate.

Same here but most people think if d2 isn't f2p that it will fail
Back to topGo down   6/2/2012, 3:34 am  
komarac78
D2P.Nexus


D2P.Nexus
.
Commendations : 163
Join date : 2010-11-06
Posts : 3087

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

Our dear Blog section needs complete redesign, cause it doesn't fit the module anymore. The decision about removing the Blog was not made over the night, so it's final.

Most important reasons why I made this decision are following:

1. Whole that hype about open beta is really lame at this point. There will be no open beta. Valve will keep doing regular updates and giveaways until they reach the state where they ll simply place the "final" product on shop shells. In case it's actually P2P.

2. There is really huge chance that guys included in the "closed beta" will probably have free access to the "final" game, cause they are (and will be) only small part of the final Dota 2 community. Making a blog where you will tell how much you like playing the Dota 2 is at this point useless, cause you already have and will continue to have access to Dota 2 forever. Whole that stuff regarding the F2P and P2P is too confusing at this point to have Blog designed like that.

3. Hype about Dota 2 isn't on the same level anymore, what's the main reason why nobody posted anything new in the blog section for weeks. Section looks rather unprofessional and is like, hey those guys are giving away the keys for the final product but they don't can't be sure if Dota 2 will actually cost something.

That doesn't mean that Blog won't be revived as soon as possible to actually reward the people who made epic entries months ago. As soon as some stuff gets clearer I will update you. But for now, things will remain like this.
Back to topGo down   6/2/2012, 4:04 am  
https://www.facebook.com/dota2portal https://twitter.com/#!/DOTA2Portal/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047018876 http://raptr.com/dota2portal https://www.youtube.com/user/Dota2PortalTV dudy3@hotmail.com
Bazeleel


Bazeleel
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 104

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

GoSuJinZ wrote:
Bazeleel wrote:
Oh dear lord i hope D2 doesnt go free....
Same here but haters gonna hate.

It has nothing to do with hating.

I think that is the reason LoL is such a terrible Moba game. Its free so people do not care if they troll and get banned. Not to mention riot is the spawn of blizzard and cant balance their game worth crap.
Back to topGo down   6/2/2012, 4:05 am  
https://www.facebook.com/CodeboxMedia http://twitter.com/CodeBoxMedia http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bazeleel/ https://www.youtube.com/CodeboxMedia Bazeleel
banebu


banebu
.
Commendations : 34
Join date : 2011-07-27
Posts : 4521

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

Bazeleel wrote:
GoSuJinZ wrote:
Bazeleel wrote:
Oh dear lord i hope D2 doesnt go free....
Same here but haters gonna hate.

It has nothing to do with hating.

I think that is the reason LoL is such a terrible Moba game. Its free so people do not care if they troll and get banned. Not to mention riot is the spawn of blizzard and cant balance their game worth crap.

Do not say that to sage(A good discussioner on the portal)
Back to topGo down   6/2/2012, 9:54 am  
komarac78
Bazeleel


Bazeleel
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 104

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

banebu wrote:
Bazeleel wrote:
GoSuJinZ wrote:
Bazeleel wrote:
Oh dear lord i hope D2 doesnt go free....
Same here but haters gonna hate.

It has nothing to do with hating.

I think that is the reason LoL is such a terrible Moba game. Its free so people do not care if they troll and get banned. Not to mention riot is the spawn of blizzard and cant balance their game worth crap.

Do not say that to sage(A good discussioner on the portal)

That's the issue with most LoL players/fan boys. They think that their game is the best thing ever and I'll be honest it is a very fun game. The issue is that it teaches bad habits, a lack of caring, and poor listening/team work skills. I think it comes down to personal preference.

If you want a casual Moba style game then play LoL
If you want a competitive high skill based Moba then play Dota 2

There is no way I can convince a lol player that they have a unbalanced game, why, because I will simply be told "L2P".

Again personal opinion here and take it as such please:)
Back to topGo down   6/2/2012, 10:15 am  
https://www.facebook.com/CodeboxMedia http://twitter.com/CodeBoxMedia http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bazeleel/ https://www.youtube.com/CodeboxMedia Bazeleel
GravedamN


GravedamN
.
Commendations : 50
Join date : 2011-06-26
Posts : 2019

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

Nexus wrote:
Our dear Blog section needs complete redesign, cause it doesn't fit the module anymore. The decision about removing the Blog was not made over the night, so it's final.

Most important reasons why I made this decision are following:

1. Whole that hype about open beta is really lame at this point. There will be no open beta. Valve will keep doing regular updates and giveaways until they reach the state where they ll simply place the "final" product on shop shells. In case it's actually P2P.

2. There is really huge chance that guys included in the "closed beta" will probably have free access to the "final" game, cause they are (and will be) only small part of the final Dota 2 community. Making a blog where you will tell how much you like playing the Dota 2 is at this point useless, cause you already have and will continue to have access to Dota 2 forever. Whole that stuff regarding the F2P and P2P is too confusing at this point to have Blog designed like that.

3. Hype about Dota 2 isn't on the same level anymore, what's the main reason why nobody posted anything new in the blog section for weeks. Section looks rather unprofessional and is like, hey those guys are giving away the keys for the final product but they don't can't be sure if Dota 2 will actually cost something.

That doesn't mean that Blog won't be revived as soon as possible to actually reward the people who made epic entries months ago. As soon as some stuff gets clearer I will update you. But for now, things will remain like this.

The man has spoken.
Back to topGo down   6/2/2012, 10:27 am  
https://www.facebook.com/gravedamn http://steamcommunity.com/id/grvdmn/
Sponsored content




[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PETITION] Bring back the BLOG 

Back to topGo down     
 

[PETITION] Bring back the BLOG

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-
Jump to: