Nyuklehead

Nyuklehead
Commendations : 0

SOPA & YouTube - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOPA & YouTube 

You bring up a very valid point that there are people who download something to try it first and then if they like they they'll actually put the money in to it. This is great and I really like this sort of behavior. It forces companies to actually put out a quality product instead of just rushing something out the door to make a few bucks. On the other hand I know a lot of people who haven't payed for a movie or music in years and have no intention of starting. You might be completely right that the ability to pirate digital media is actually beneficial to the industries but without seeing some numbers its pretty hard to tell.

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree on the real reasoning behind these bills though. There are definitely people in the United States who are trying to restrict the freedom of the internet but in the end I think its all about the cash. (On a side note I really enjoyed your posts. You didn't just state your views but you gave a great argument to support them Smile)
Back to topGo down   28/1/2012, 10:19 pm  
sage

sage
Commendations : 10

As your first argument - of course some people won't pay. However if they like it they will spread it to their friends thus helping find more people who will actually pay. On the other hand, how much money do those companies need to earn? They have way more money that they can spend, many workers are still underpaid or they just move production to India. Either way I still don't think its such a big problem. Besides nowhere is written game designers have to earn billions of dollars - why the heck should they? Do they do something else than other types of people working in different branges? For instance if food industry collapsed we would all die from hunger, yet they earn less then your average IT guy. Why? (Huge philosophic discussion threat!)

Those people who are really about restricting net have more money than whole america can put together. Money is just a tool but the tool itself is worthless and the wise are aware of that. However people are willing to give their whole lives just in exchange for some money (often dont have a choice). We need money to survive, they need us to shut up and keep working. I really don't think they care about money all that much, only idiots do.

Back to topGo down   28/1/2012, 10:31 pm  
majko12
banebu

banebu
Commendations : 34

Quote :
(On a side note I really enjoyed your posts. You didn't just state your views but you gave a great argument to support them Smile)

Yea he makes a very good person to discussion with
Back to topGo down   28/1/2012, 10:39 pm  
komarac78
sage

sage

sage wrote:
I really don't think they care about money all that much, only idiots do.
Not to be taken in any way as offense, just that with my experience and knowledge about people behind the courtains I don't think they actually want money. Since they created them in the first place, hardly they will want loads of them.

And thanks banebu, I'm always trying to use arguments just because posting "thats bullshit" makes no sense.
Back to topGo down   28/1/2012, 11:00 pm  
majko12
banebu

banebu

^thats bullshit xD
Back to topGo down   28/1/2012, 11:05 pm  
komarac78
screamfest

screamfest
Commendations : 0

this is a policy, that helps the artist and the composer all over the world. this is great I think.
Back to topGo down   1/3/2012, 7:50 pm  
sage

sage

screamfest wrote:
this is a policy, that helps the artist and the composer all over the world. this is great I think.
and id bet my underwear you read it or any explanation of it... no it wont help artists, mostly because 1. they dont need help 2. most artists are exploited by their agencies, which will gain more power, so con for artists 3. censorship doesnt help artists all that much because many works wont be published (like the megaupload song - which was terrible, but taking it down on false terms is RIDICULOUS)
Back to topGo down   1/3/2012, 9:00 pm  
majko12
banebu

banebu

^yes sage is right sopa pipa acta w/e doesn't help the artist at all
Back to topGo down   2/3/2012, 3:46 am  
komarac78
Sponsored content