Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper
Commendations : 39

New ideas! Empty
PostSubject: New ideas! 

Hi everyone!
I noticed that the forum is very dead nowadays.
We have to make some competition, for keys(i know its hard to ask from icefrog, and it takes time, but we have lot of time) and things like, costum hero race( who make the best custom hero) or more GFX contest like Endzeit did. Or any thing the community wants.
The rewards can be badges like avalon planned, or get the title "The Best Hero Maker" or smth.
I think you can post your ideas here, to make the forum more active!

Greetings, xLifeStylex
Back to topGo down   9/11/2011, 8:57 am  
apollo547732
Bazinga

Bazinga
Commendations : 50

New ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ideas! 

So I used to be the person in charge of maing different challenges the winner of which would get a special status a "badge" (like the icon i have for example). If i make something it will be similar to this --> http://www.dota2portal.org/t627-killing-spree-challenge-ai-based-offline?highlight=killing+spree
Maybe i should organize a challenge for this weekend and the following week?

As for beta-keys i don't have many ideas so far, but one would be make a creative photograph with "Dota2portal" written on it (the person must somehow be included on the picture).
Back to topGo down   9/11/2011, 9:29 am  
Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper

New ideas! Empty

"Maybe i should organize a challenge for this weekend and the following week?"
Yes it would be awesome!

"As for beta-keys i don't have many ideas so far, but one would be make a creative photograph with "Dota2portal" written on it (the person must somehow be included on the picture)."

Hmm... yea that would be cool also!
Back to topGo down   9/11/2011, 9:47 am  
apollo547732
qassamzed

qassamzed
Commendations : 53

New ideas! Empty

to make event & contest bigger we need give the participant a big reward...like beta key atm but yeah we lack of beta key Smile
Badge system also good....

i still can't find good idea atm... >_<
Back to topGo down   9/11/2011, 5:14 pm  
ImH4ppy

ImH4ppy
Commendations : 0

New ideas! Empty

plz no art i dont know anything about drawing programs Sad
Back to topGo down   9/11/2011, 5:36 pm  
Equipers

Equipers
Commendations : 0

New ideas! Empty

more advertisement @ facebook/twitter maybe?
Back to topGo down   9/11/2011, 5:53 pm  
GoSuJinZ

GoSuJinZ
Commendations : 32

New ideas! Empty

xLifeStylex wrote:
Hi everyone!
I noticed that the forum is very dead nowadays.
We have to make some competition, for keys(i know its hard to ask from icefrog, and it takes time, but we have lot of time) and things like, costum hero race( who make the best custom hero) or more GFX contest like Endzeit did. Or any thing the community wants.
The rewards can be badges like avalon planned, or get the title "The Best Hero Maker" or smth.
I think you can post your ideas here, to make the forum more active!

Greetings, xLifeStylex
Just wait, I got quite some plans in my head but can't be executed yet until the beginning of December(1st). About hero contest, I have discussed this issue over with Blood and I agreed that we shouldn't do this but instead take it another way round.
Will do about like 3 things that may involve everyone:
D2PHP (Ask Ava but don't spam him, don't ask me I don't have time >.<)
Map Contest (Just wait and see)
ICC(Not sure whether I should or not, will think of another)

At the moment, D2PHP and Map Contest is a confirmed idea for the suggestions section.
Back to topGo down   9/11/2011, 6:10 pm  
Gelay

Gelay
Commendations : 30

New ideas! Empty

Just one 1 day of sharing with an account and the site just came back to life O~O, HOLLLY
Back to topGo down   9/11/2011, 11:36 pm  
neph7

neph7
Commendations : 8

New ideas! Empty

Gelay wrote:
Just one 1 day of sharing with an account and the site just came back to life O~O, HOLLLY

Well that's a perfect example of how the understanding of "life" is important Very Happy .
Honestly, I'd really like to see this forum alive and active, and stuff, for it 's been a lil' half/dead since i arrived, but ... having posts only saying "goooooooood !!!" "i wanna beta key", "beta key please", well, you know, it's more like it's becoming a zombie form of life, not the usual one.
Anyways... Some contests would be nice indeed Smile

edit @ below : imma looking forward to it! \o/

Last edited by neph7 on 9/11/2011, 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to topGo down   9/11/2011, 11:50 pm  
bleedingnothingness
Bazinga

Bazinga

New ideas! Empty

neph7 wrote:
Gelay wrote:

Well that's a perfect example of how the understanding of "life" is important Very Happy .
Honestly, I'd really like to see this forum alive and active, and stuff, for it 's been a lil' half/dead since i arrived, but ... having posts only saying "goooooooood !!!" "i wanna beta key", "beta key please", well, you know, it's more like it's becoming a zombie form of life, not the usual one.
Anyways... Some contests would be nice indeed Smile

The forum is currently half-dead because some of the other Global Moderators (Howl, Endzeit) are currently away. As soon as they can back you'll see a rise in forum activity, because we'll be able to organize different contests and there will generally be more new topics created/day.
Back to topGo down   9/11/2011, 11:54 pm  
Gelay

Gelay
Commendations : 30

New ideas! Empty

The problem is you guys are rushing the portal to manhood which still its on puberty state, still innocent, you GM's must act like fathers, but you are like fathers that rushes their kid to have sex already at an early stage, seriously keep the portal growing slowly and slowly, I really hate this sudden "member's activeness/registration rate", the way they post, it's just don't make sense, like playdota's beta key sub-forum.
Back to topGo down   10/11/2011, 12:16 am  
GoSuJinZ

GoSuJinZ
Commendations : 32

New ideas! Empty

Gelay wrote:
The problem is you guys are rushing the portal to manhood which still its on puberty state, still innocent, you GM's must act like fathers, but you are like fathers that rushes their kid to have sex already at an early stage, seriously keep the portal growing slowly and slowly, I really hate this sudden "member's activeness/registration rate", the way they post, it's just don't make sense, like playdota's beta key sub-forum.
I don't seem to see it this way, I thought it is fine the way it is :/
Back to topGo down   10/11/2011, 12:35 am  
banebu

banebu
Commendations : 34

New ideas! Empty

Gelay you read my mind I was thinking of making 2 steam accounts with keys and lend them for 48hours and change the pass again...
Back to topGo down   10/11/2011, 2:08 am  
komarac78
Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper

New ideas! Empty

neph7 wrote:
Gelay wrote:

Hmmm.. lol
Back to topGo down   10/11/2011, 4:25 am  
apollo547732
Pikachu

Pikachu
Commendations : 1

New ideas! Empty

Good job lifestlye the forum when from being a graveyard to a mindless spam center in only 1 day.

http://www.dota2portal.org/t2145-d2p-giveaway
Funny thing is I think i only have like a total of 5 posts in the dota 2 sections.
Back to topGo down   10/11/2011, 6:20 am  
Bazinga

Bazinga

New ideas! Empty

Gelay wrote:

You do realize that a small proportion of those newly introduced "mindless spammers" are going to stay and become more-or-less active forum members?
Back to topGo down   10/11/2011, 6:49 am  
MegaKirb17

MegaKirb17
Commendations : 2

New ideas! Empty

Bazinga wrote:
Gelay wrote:

You do realize that a small proportion of those newly introduced "mindless spammers" are going to stay and become more-or-less active forum members?

What makes you say that? :3 Probably because of the announcement of the rented dota 2 accounts , it WILL bring new members (myself) but who knows if they will be active or not
Back to topGo down   10/11/2011, 7:46 am  
https://www.youtube.com/megakirb17 MegaKirb17
Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper

New ideas! Empty

Pikachu wrote:
Good job lifestlye the forum when from being a graveyard to a mindless spam center in only 1 day.

Funny thing is I think i only have like a total of 5 posts in the dota 2 sections.

Thanks!
Back to topGo down   10/11/2011, 7:57 am  
apollo547732
Gunker

Gunker
Commendations : 4

New ideas! Empty

challenge accepted
Back to topGo down   10/11/2011, 8:23 am  
FaenT

FaenT
Commendations : 12

New ideas! Empty

Im having dejavu with this contest . . .bloggs any1? ;)
Only old fags will get it so suck it newb acc's that just want the beta key!
Back to topGo down   10/11/2011, 9:05 am  
Bazinga

Bazinga

New ideas! Empty

FaenT wrote:
Im having dejavu with this contest . . .bloggs any1? ;)
Only old fags will get it so suck it newb acc's that just want the beta key!
Well it's "ok" to joke sometimes just don't offend the new users, if you know what i mean.
Back to topGo down   10/11/2011, 9:35 am  
Gunker

Gunker
Commendations : 4

New ideas! Empty

Technically I registered and posted before the givewaway, so I look like less of a "pick me!" noob yay Very Happy
Back to topGo down   10/11/2011, 1:09 pm  
MegaKirb17

MegaKirb17
Commendations : 2

New ideas! Empty

I signed up 1 day before the whole pick me contest : D i am perfectly fine (oh w8 i signed up because of the ****)
Back to topGo down   10/11/2011, 5:00 pm  
https://www.youtube.com/megakirb17 MegaKirb17
banebu

banebu
Commendations : 34

New ideas! Empty

Pikachu wrote:

You do know that the giveaway was planned way before this thread? We just lacked the keys
Back to topGo down   10/11/2011, 9:28 pm  
komarac78
Boush

Boush
Commendations : 1

New ideas! Empty

GJ!!!
Back to topGo down   11/11/2011, 5:40 am  
Sponsored content

New ideas! Empty