Deamonlord_Arch

Deamonlord_Arch
Commendations : 0

Do You Remember? Empty
PostSubject: Do You Remember? 

It's hard to remember, especially if you've been playing for a while now. I remember mine was with obsidian destroyer at an internet cafe, asked by some friends to join them and see how it is. I was so nooby :">. Many games i have played since then but as someone said...no matter if you're a veteran or a beginner, everything has a beginning Smile.
How about other experiences? More then glad to listen to them.
Back to topGo down   17/8/2011, 7:41 am  
archimondes_delay
Bazinga

Bazinga
Commendations : 50

Do You Remember? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do You Remember? 

I remember back in the day, when DotA was 6.49 or something like that i started playing. My first few games were on Bnet and i only played with Venomancer Razz. Maybe my first 10 or 20 games were with Veno only.

I remember making lothars as first item, but i when it was finished i would often forget to use it.
Back to topGo down   17/8/2011, 8:11 am  
Howlgram

Howlgram
Commendations : 41

Do You Remember? Empty

oh, i remember those times when we played dota 6.72f with that old wc3 engine. Before even dota2 trailer was announced
those were good times
Back to topGo down   17/8/2011, 10:33 am  
banebu

banebu
Commendations : 34

Do You Remember? Empty

I remember when treeds couldn't change when most of these heroes didn't even exist fun times and everytime a new hero came i would be oo what is this must try and own it was just so fun after i self taught my self to play
Back to topGo down   17/8/2011, 11:08 am  
komarac78
Sven2k

Sven2k
Commendations : 15

Do You Remember? Empty

I remember when the hills around the river were huge and hero kills used to give only 100 gold. Also creep camps were retardedly placed, impale skills used ladder impale and you could dodge dmg when in air time. Also Spectre was one of my favorite heroes, 17% chance to ignore dmg and to disperse it 100% <3
Back to topGo down   17/8/2011, 11:46 am  
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sven2k/ https://www.youtube.com/user/Sven2kProjects
qassamzed

qassamzed
Commendations : 53

Do You Remember? Empty

ohh I remember when I was Ruptured and not understand what that skill mean... ij just freaking out and Run from mid to fountain and lost 50% hp + killed at entrance of our base
Back to topGo down   17/8/2011, 8:55 pm  
Jerryxenon

Jerryxenon
Commendations : 4

Do You Remember? Empty

The first time i play with my friends.. I always pick cm.. Don't know why. Maybe she's the most beautiful girl in Heroes..
It was 5.84c ver. Guess what, My cm used to buy desolate or crystal only, but never get a int stuff. Quite funny. ;)
Back to topGo down   17/8/2011, 9:47 pm  
Gelay

Gelay
Commendations : 30

Do You Remember? Empty

I remember when I was playing the old nessaj the death knight or something, pick him don't buy any items and charge at middle lane, auto attack an axe who is being controlled by an experienced noob, die, respawn, charge, die, respawn, charge ^_^

(LOL the best part is that I thought creeps are heroes)
Back to topGo down   17/8/2011, 11:21 pm  
banebu

banebu

Do You Remember? Empty

lol @ thinking creeps are heroes XD
Back to topGo down   18/8/2011, 12:14 am  
komarac78
Sogovegeta

Sogovegeta
Commendations : 3

Do You Remember? Empty

Here goes nothing.

There are so many Internet Cafes in my country (Philippines) back then till now.
I was still 8 or 9 years old and my friend asks me to play this game called "DotA".

I am a lazy kid, and I've got nothing to do (Everyday) and so I was dragged.
I played DotA (It was version 5 and I don't remember the exact map version), The wallpaper was still Slardar (Not that sure) and the map was in a Snow Terrain (Automatically).

I played it and my first Hero was "Dwarven Sniper". My first item was "Heart of Tarasque" (The scroll only since I'm still fresh from the oven) and I rushed quickly to the enemy base (Fountain of Life) and "First Blood".

I got home and said to myself, "That was funny and thrilling, very challenging indeed".

Two days after my father gave me money (A huge amount, really) and my feet walks and wanders and there I go.. to the Cafe.

I played DotA everyday, every night just to learn how to play it properly (The map was version 6 and there was a Green Wallpaper with "Dwarven Sniper" on it).

I played continuously until High School (I was on 3rd grade when I started) and DotA became famous, even with gambling.

I played and played and played and I've known every Hero until now, and here I come.. writing a nonsense comment with my bad English in Dota2portal.org Very Happy
Back to topGo down   18/8/2011, 12:25 am  
banebu

banebu

Do You Remember? Empty

^awesome last sentence xD
Back to topGo down   18/8/2011, 12:28 am  
komarac78
Sogovegeta

Sogovegeta

Do You Remember? Empty

A big thank you for that xD
Back to topGo down   18/8/2011, 12:31 am  
Gelay

Gelay

Do You Remember? Empty

awesome posts indeed sovo <3 , I think that story is every Pinoy's beggining story at dota xD,
LOL pinoys are one of the best races to speak and write english out there Smile,
Back to topGo down   18/8/2011, 12:38 am  
Sogovegeta

Sogovegeta

Do You Remember? Empty

Oh no Mr. Spade! I fail English a lot.
Well yeah, Filipinos started playing DotA because of the race of the Computer Shops and the sad thing is... they have this drug called "Addict pills" for their customers -_-
Back to topGo down   18/8/2011, 12:42 am  
Gelay

Gelay

Do You Remember? Empty

^ that's a true thing sir
Back to topGo down   18/8/2011, 12:47 am  
Blood4u

Blood4u
Commendations : 37

Do You Remember? Empty

well my first experiance welll first to begin:
-i first heared about dota at my bro so ive started playng with him so long time ago and internet was expesinve so ive played with ai s on easy ofc and pwn them with yunero lol always made skadi on him fuck yeah he was pwing

-than i went on bnet when my parents bought int and played with him lukcyly i played at noobs didnt know what that was meaning by that time and got pwned 0 18 fuck i started cryng than didnt played dota for 1 month but here i am stiill playng now pwning nuubz

-so a small sutff from old old old versions if anyone can rember the bugged heross lanay,storm,pit lord when wich you couldve bought after you have chosen your hero you cold have 4 dota heros lol so much pwnege and the cool system of the heroes

-rajin with atack speeda aura mana shield and atratctiove ultimate,lanaya with bugged spells rofl,well and kot with summon priest and wisp that was best times ever
Back to topGo down   18/8/2011, 12:55 am  
http://radu.budau@gmail.com blood4u2
D2P.Nexus

D2P.Nexus
Commendations : 163

Do You Remember? Empty

Awesome story. Smile
Back to topGo down   18/8/2011, 1:10 am  
https://www.facebook.com/dota2portal https://twitter.com/#!/DOTA2Portal/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047018876 http://raptr.com/dota2portal https://www.youtube.com/user/Dota2PortalTV
banebu

banebu

Do You Remember? Empty

Addict pills hahaha legen...wait for it...dary XD
Back to topGo down   18/8/2011, 2:40 am  
komarac78
Sogovegeta

Sogovegeta

Do You Remember? Empty

banebu wrote:
Addict pills hahaha legen...wait for it...dary XD

I sell some.
Wanna buy? Razz
Back to topGo down   18/8/2011, 2:45 pm  
banebu

banebu

Do You Remember? Empty

No thanks I don't plan to remove my addiction cause I would be bored as hell
Back to topGo down   18/8/2011, 7:52 pm  
komarac78
Takemikazuchi

Takemikazuchi
Commendations : 0

Do You Remember? Empty

Kind of embarrassing but oh well.

I scored my last term middle school exam with flying colours. So, my older brother introduced me to the game. I saw him playing Drow, and immediately liked both the game and Traxex. My brother wasn't that knowledgeable about online DotA as he kept sticking with AIs all the time. So we both never knew about the metagame, trends etc. of the game.

We were so happy and proud to have won against 5 AI Insane all the time, thought we were highly professional for those ridiculous achievements. We finally figured out the "best" item build for Drow. Now, I realize the item build was stupidly absurd.In order. Power Treads (OK), Vanguard (UMM), Radiance (OMGWTF), Buttefly (WHY RADIANCE!?), Heart of Tarrasque and Buriza.

I was so excited and even thought that the build was perfect. Until that time when I saw the link to the PlayDotA site. I found the forums and got so eager to post my superimba build on the Game Strategy section. I still remember the title of my first DotA thread. 'PERFECT TRASEX BUILD, WILL PAWN!!!'. ( Yeah, during that time I've always thought her name was really Trasex instead of 'x'. ) I got terribly flamed the next day I checked back the thread. ( quite a few pages xD ) Some called me a troll, loser etc. I had absolutely no idea what 'troll' was as I was sadly ignorant of the Internet that time.

Well, happy to be here and aware of every recent happenings for DotA now. xD

Last edited by Takemikazuchi on 2/9/2011, 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Better clarification.)
Back to topGo down   1/9/2011, 6:08 pm  
GravedamN

GravedamN
Commendations : 50

Do You Remember? Empty

I lol'd at all those who remembered.
Back to topGo down   2/9/2011, 2:01 pm  
https://www.facebook.com/gravedamn http://steamcommunity.com/id/grvdmn/
Sponsored content

Do You Remember? Empty