D2P.Nexus

D2P.Nexus
Commendations : 163

Philosophy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Philosophy 

Pudge is mine religion.

Goal of this religion is not it's ultimate goal > to kill somebody. Of course not.

The point in this religion is it's path before goal. You must master so much things. You can become better and more stable person.

First of all > Self - Control

There are so many examples where you can master your self-control when hero escapes with 1.5 hp. I can assure you, there is no better way to experience ultimate anger and rage when something like that happens. Just count to 1000 and everything will be fine.

Second thing > Better awareness of your environment

You become more aware of things which happen around you. You actually start to notice people around you. Just don't click on them or start to chase them.

I am still developing this religion, so don't flame me.
Back to topGo down   8/8/2011, 8:07 am  
https://www.facebook.com/dota2portal https://twitter.com/#!/DOTA2Portal/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047018876 http://raptr.com/dota2portal https://www.youtube.com/user/Dota2PortalTV
banebu

banebu
Commendations : 34

Ok I'm not an aethiest anymore xD
I'm joining the Pudge religion and contribute a Io religion too it ;)
Back to topGo down   8/8/2011, 8:28 am  
komarac78
GravedamN

GravedamN
Commendations : 50

I'm still Agnostic Roman Catholic with a Goddaughter.
Back to topGo down   8/8/2011, 10:30 am  
https://www.facebook.com/gravedamn http://steamcommunity.com/id/grvdmn/
qassamzed

qassamzed
Commendations : 53

@ava
lol Pudgeism...

i'm sure all of us join DotA religion
Back to topGo down   8/8/2011, 1:00 pm  
banebu

banebu

Pudgeism FTW
Back to topGo down   8/8/2011, 8:58 pm  
komarac78
Gelay

Gelay
Commendations : 30

then techies' religion is osamabinladenism?

On Topic:This isn't Philosophy already :/
Back to topGo down   9/8/2011, 12:55 am  
[L-60]

[L-60]
Commendations : 23

Religion is philosophy
Back to topGo down   9/8/2011, 1:22 am  
https://www.facebook.com/lancer60 http://steamcommunity.com/id/lancer60/ lancer_60
Xii_end

Xii_end
Commendations : 48

Yeah how is it not philosophy. We are discussing life, religion being a part of it, maybe not in your life but in others and how it affects you as a person and what your views are regarding other peoples religions.
Back to topGo down   9/8/2011, 2:15 am  
Gelay

Gelay
Commendations : 30

but how is pudgeism a religion? xD
Back to topGo down   9/8/2011, 2:19 am  
Xii_end

Xii_end

Its more of a cult then a religion i guess..
Back to topGo down   9/8/2011, 3:02 am  
banebu

banebu

Its a religion... If cristians, muslams can be religions so can pudgeism
Back to topGo down   9/8/2011, 3:22 am  
komarac78
Howlgram

Howlgram
Commendations : 41

I BELIEVE IN PUDGE

Bazinga wrote:
The graph became popular due to its absurdity. People who believed or thougth it made sense, knew nothing about science, in other words - orrelation does not always mean causation.

Spoiler:

One might aswell plot a graph showing the number of pandas vs car accidents Very Happy

the graph is showing exactly what you said, that correlation does not mean causation. I dont really think that anyone believed it for realz xD

Pastafarismn has that exact objective, to show how goddamn real are other religions

i mean, the possibilities of a flying invisible pasta monster creating the whole universe in 7 days are exactly the same of "God" creating the universe.

Last edited by Howlgram on 9/8/2011, 10:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to topGo down   9/8/2011, 10:06 am  
GravedamN

GravedamN

Pastafarianism anyone?
Back to topGo down   9/8/2011, 10:45 am  
Bazinga

Bazinga

Thumbs up!

Philosophy - Page 6 0bbb9e79b3b1

FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTERS FOR THE WIN!

Back to topGo down   9/8/2011, 12:14 pm  
Howlgram

Howlgram

Hail!
Back to topGo down   9/8/2011, 2:12 pm  
Xii_end

Xii_end

Zeig heil!!

depression, why does the mind have that emotion if it only leads people to do stupid shit.
The other day a kid went missing for 10 days or so, people went ape shit, sending out messages on social networks and putting up flyers trying to find this guy.
He was eventually found.
In his car, gassed himself with his bible on his lap?
Why claim to have faith in a God that is supposed to lift your burdens and never give you anything more then you can handle? According to his religion he just passed up a ticket to eternal life. I know this is kinda stupid and impossible to ask when the answer could be one of over a million things. What would make a religious person commit suicide?
Anycase OT.. imagine being able to cancel out depression. Would you still want to have that emotion if you could take it away forever?
Back to topGo down   20/8/2011, 10:41 am  
Howlgram

Howlgram

-endzeit- wrote:
Zeig heil!!

depression, why does the mind have that emotion if it only leads people to do stupid shit.
The other day a kid went missing for 10 days or so, people went ape shit, sending out messages on social networks and putting up flyers trying to find this guy.
He was eventually found.
Why claim to have faith in a God that is supposed to lift your burdens and never give you anything more then you can handle? According to his religion he just passed up a ticket to eternal life. I know this is kinda stupid and impossible to ask when the answer could be one of over a million things. What would make a religious person commit suicide?
Anycase OT.. imagine being able to cancel out depression. Would you still want to have that emotion if you could take it away forever?

depression is sadness and repressed hatred and stuff, i wonder if it has any use, however i still wouldnt like to take it away forever =/
It should have some use, at least to remember things.

this is damn stupid, religious persons are the most ironic beings.... so dumb dumb dumb. They are such hypocrites, imo they just live in this fairy-tale like world where they are "good" people, but they are the first ones to not-do what they say that shall be done, which is supposedly to be the right and good things to do -.- ......
seriously they do try to believe all the shit of someone who loves them and is invisible and saves the world and is perfect.... hell, i just realized that is freaking idealist, and people label me as weird when i fantasy about fighting dragons and being in a medieval like time, which isnt even imo as ridiculous as what they believe. The difference is that dreaming is just dreaming, and they freaking believe it just as they believe they exist :O

btw what does "gassed himself" means? like he became gas, like the state of matter?
Back to topGo down   20/8/2011, 11:13 am  
Bazinga

Bazinga

-endzeit- wrote:
Zeig heil!!

He was eventually found.

Let's just go offtopic, i wan't to share what i think. I personally think this is a perfect way to kill someone and set it up as a suicide, because you create the motive of suicide - religion. Since religious beliefs are (pretty much?) universal and can apply to almost anything, religious people will find a thousand ways to justify/rationalise his death and come up with a reason that makes sense to them.

Ontopic:

Perception =/= Reality
Perception = Vision of the world in accordance with past experiences, altered by the current chemical body state.

Perception is more or less constant (defined by the social norm) and individuals who percieve the world differently will see it their reality, so you can also say that there is no reality because it based on perception and it is therefore relative ;)

I think that depressions is crucial for perception, as helps to maintain the equillibrium (needed to percieve the world correctly) which is disturbed be positive emotions. As some of you may know, emotion is the physical body state that is the result of chemical changes in the system (hormones and neurotransmitters), so basically there are hormones that cause depression and hormones for being happy, and the balance between them is that what matters.
Too much positive emotions cause inflated self images (ego), dellusions and can lead to hasty choices. To sum it up briefly: Depression negates happyness to keep the balance, needed to percieve the world the same way the mojority of us do.
Back to topGo down   20/8/2011, 11:50 am  
Bazinga

Bazinga

Howlgram wrote:
-endzeit- wrote:
Zeig heil!!

He was eventually found.

depression is sadness and repressed hatred and stuff, i wonder if it has any use, however i still wouldnt like to take it away forever =/
It should have some use, at least to remember things.

this is damn stupid, religious persons are the most ironic beings.... so dumb dumb dumb. They are such hypocrites, imo they just live in this fairy-tale like world where they are "good" people, but they are the first ones to not-do what they say that shall be done, which is supposedly to be the right and good things to do -.- ......
seriously they do try to believe all the shit of someone who loves them and is invisible and saves the world and is perfect.... hell, i just realized that is freaking idealist, and people label me as weird when i fantasy about fighting dragons and being in a medieval like time, which isnt even imo as ridiculous as what they believe. The difference is that dreaming is just dreaming, and they freaking believe it just as they believe they exist :O

btw what does "gassed himself" means? like he became gas, like the state of matter?

Gassing by car exhaust is a common way to commit suicide, because you "fall asleep" (carbon monoxide binds to red-blood cells instead of oxygen and you die, because your heart stops supplying oxygenated blood to vital organs).

Last edited by Bazinga on 20/8/2011, 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to topGo down   20/8/2011, 11:52 am  
GravedamN

GravedamN

So chess is a sport?
Back to topGo down   20/8/2011, 11:52 am  
Howlgram

Howlgram

i enjoy feeling different stuff, like feelings, so i can even kind of enjoy being sad as well as happy, not that it feels good. Hard to explain, hehe.

EDIT: Bazinga, your post disappeared! :O
~spooooky

Bazinga wrote:
Spoiler:

Gassing by car exhaust is a common way to commit suicide, because you "fall asleep" (carbon monoxide binds to red-blood cells instead of oxygen and you die, because your heart stops supplying oxygenated blood to vital organs).

oh yeah, i know that way of killing self, just didnt know how they called it Smile ty

GravedamN wrote:
So chess is a sport?

no, it is not! D:<
Back to topGo down   20/8/2011, 11:57 am  
banebu

banebu

Yes chess is a sport lol
Back to topGo down   20/8/2011, 10:53 pm  
komarac78
sage

sage
Commendations : 10

Bazinga wrote:
-endzeit- wrote:
Zeig heil!!

He was eventually found.
Ontopic:

Perception =/= Reality
Perception = Vision of the world in accordance with past experiences, altered by the current chemical body state.

Perception is more or less constant (defined by the social norm) and individuals who percieve the world differently will see it their reality, so you can also say that there is no reality because it based on perception and it is therefore relative ;)

I think that depressions is crucial for perception, as helps to maintain the equillibrium (needed to percieve the world correctly) which is disturbed be positive emotions. As some of you may know, emotion is the physical body state that is the result of chemical changes in the system (hormones and neurotransmitters), so basically there are hormones that cause depression and hormones for being happy, and the balance between them is that what matters.
Too much positive emotions cause inflated self images (ego), dellusions and can lead to hasty choices. To sum it up briefly: Depression negates happyness to keep the balance, needed to percieve the world the same way the mojority of us do.
That would be so true for emotionally unstable people. Which, I'm afraid, is almost every living person today.
Emotions are nothing more than just a simple response which comes from the actual mind-set and includes stuff like experience, memories and philosophy. And because it comes from the mind itself, it can be altered or even erased.
That said, they are no more real than god or money - you can see them if you want to, but they serve as a cover for huge flaws in a system. Beings can be without emotions, without being happy, sad, depressed, in love, hatered and anything more you can imagine. The real question is, is that still a human? Or what really is a human?
Our minds are very limited, but in the end that's all we have. Everything comes inside, everything gets processed there and then comes outside and is expressed by the body. But being that the case, how can we know the mind is real? Or anything else is real? How can we prove something, if we can't escape the most limiting part - human mind? So we can define only things that our bodies can evaluate, but those definitions are very simple and usually very loose.
Here is a thing which I wasn't able to prove wrong during my entire life - What if my life is only a "dream" happening inside my head? Every moment and every person and every thing is created only inside my head? /my head is just an expression for consciousness/ (That thought got really weird once I saw Matrix Very Happy)
That brings us even more questions: what is consciousness? What is mind? How do we know anything beside those things?
Because if everything gets processed in our heads, then we can know only what our head can process. God might exist, but we just can't see him. Same goes for everything else.
But the most important question remains: what is human? If we can define human to every detail, then we can move on as a civilization.
Back to topGo down   25/8/2011, 12:43 am  
majko12
sage

sage
Commendations : 10

And chess is not a sport. Chess is a game.
Sports require immediate action and response in real time and in real world. Games however have their own playfield (in chess 8x8 board) with limited actions (in chess every figure has only limited moves). In chess it doesn't matter how long you think or when you decide to do your move, the only important thing is, that it is done.
In sports you have to react to any situation that happens, but those situations are never the same, because they occur in the real world, so if you play football, the ball will have different speed, rotation etc. And you have to kick the ball in the right moment, or you miss.
Games can be easily broken down to every possible move and you can calculate exact possibilities. In sports, you can only assume and train your body to react accordingly, but you can never be sure.

That said, Dota belongs to sports, because you still have to react and move the mouse in real time and in real world. Playfield can be expressed as pixels, but they are way too many and calculating every possible outcome of situation is almost impossible. It requires less body control than regular sports, but on the other hand you need much better coordination with your teammates.
Back to topGo down   25/8/2011, 12:54 am  
majko12
banebu

banebu

Chess is a fucking sport google it -.-
Back to topGo down   25/8/2011, 3:55 am  
komarac78
Sponsored content