Cacklez

Cacklez
Commendations : 1

New battle Grounds Empty
PostSubject: New battle Grounds 

hmm maybe battle grounds have a set of players ranging from 2v2 3v3 4v4 5v5 etc. different way to fight caused by terrain and weather, u know fighting in shallow water and deep water. fighting on the beach and regular grounds maybe!! u know shit like that
hey but u still got to KEEP the ORIGINAL dota map style!!! dont forget to have that F.O.W. for height levels

heck maybe even an ADVENTURE MODE with u and your friends lol

Back to topGo down   7/12/2010, 11:52 am  
D2P.Nexus

D2P.Nexus
Commendations : 163

New battle Grounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: New battle Grounds 

yea, that's cool idea for shallow and deep water. so, when hero comes into water, its ms lowers by 20 and if it comes into deep water it lowers by 40-50. that would be pretty ok Smile

that can also be easily modified in original dota with invisible models placed in rivers with tornado slow aura or smth. just to level up reality factor a bit Smile
Back to topGo down   14/12/2010, 11:24 am  
https://www.facebook.com/dota2portal https://twitter.com/#!/DOTA2Portal/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047018876 http://raptr.com/dota2portal https://www.youtube.com/user/Dota2PortalTV
Fiyah

Fiyah
Commendations : 16

New battle Grounds Empty

Avalon wrote:
yea, that's cool idea for shallow and deep water. so, when hero comes into water, its ms lowers by 20 and if it comes into deep water it lowers by 40-50. that would be pretty ok Smile

that can also be easily modified in original dota with invisible models placed in rivers with tornado slow aura or smth. just to level up reality factor a bit Smile

I agree. this will make it more realistic. and if I may, maybe skills would be affected depending on where you are using them. ie. if you use Lina's Pillar of Flame on water, its damage should be reduced. and etc.
Back to topGo down   17/12/2010, 3:40 pm  
Rachel

Rachel
Commendations : 21

New battle Grounds Empty

Fiyah wrote:
I agree. this will make it more realistic. and if I may, maybe skills would be affected depending on where you are using them. ie. if you use Lina's Pillar of Flame on water, its damage should be reduced. and etc.

Yea, that idea for lina is cool.
Back to topGo down   17/12/2010, 10:57 pm  
iM(

iM(
Commendations : 10

New battle Grounds Empty

xodus wrote:
Fiyah wrote:

The problem is that this only will affect some heroes. Would be hard to make it balanced, but I agree it's an interesting idea.
Back to topGo down   18/12/2010, 12:38 am  
Fiyah

Fiyah

New battle Grounds Empty

iM( wrote:
xodus wrote:
Fiyah wrote:

The problem is that this only will affect some heroes. Would be hard to make it balanced, but I agree it's an interesting idea.

I guess your right. But come to think of it, DotA is a mind game. With this feature, it will make you think twice before casting any spell.
Back to topGo down   18/12/2010, 5:56 pm  
D2P.Nexus

D2P.Nexus
Commendations : 163

New battle Grounds Empty

There are also systems which are about to be presented in the new Guild of Wars. System like, fire melts down ice, (in dota that could be lina's phoenix spell making hole in the invok's ice wall), or system like firewall which ignites all the arrows flying through it (mirana's arrow through some new spell for example). And so on.. But that would be exaggeration Very Happy

But simple systems like slowing down the units in water, or making their spells stronger in certain areas of the map could be pretty cool. And for those heroes that are affected by that system, make their stats gain a bit smaller to balance them. Like in the case of Balanar, he is 50% stronger during the night, but cause of that 50% weaker in the day, while other heroes are equally strong in any part of the day. That is balance
Back to topGo down   18/12/2010, 11:03 pm  
https://www.facebook.com/dota2portal https://twitter.com/#!/DOTA2Portal/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047018876 http://raptr.com/dota2portal https://www.youtube.com/user/Dota2PortalTV
iM(

iM(

New battle Grounds Empty

@Fiyah, (don't wanna make a quote to a quote to a quote to...) ^^

Still, it probably will be to unbalanced. Could perhaps be an extra mode if they made it somewhat balanced.
Back to topGo down   19/12/2010, 11:31 am  
Fiyah

Fiyah

New battle Grounds Empty

iM( wrote:
@Fiyah, (don't wanna make a quote to a quote to a quote to...) ^^

Still, it probably will be to unbalanced. Could perhaps be an extra mode if they made it somewhat balanced.

well, i guess your right. and if it were implimented, it would sure take a lot of time to balance.
Back to topGo down   19/12/2010, 2:17 pm  
MIKI

MIKI
Commendations : 6

New battle Grounds Empty

Avalon wrote:
There are also systems which are about to be presented in the new Guild of Wars. System like, fire melts down ice, (in dota that could be lina's phoenix spell making hole in the invok's ice wall), or system like firewall which ignites all the arrows flying through it (mirana's arrow through some new spell for example). And so on.. But that would be exaggeration Very Happy

But simple systems like slowing down the units in water, or making their spells stronger in certain areas of the map could be pretty cool. And for those heroes that are affected by that system, make their stats gain a bit smaller to balance them. Like in the case of Balanar, he is 50% stronger during the night, but cause of that 50% weaker in the day, while other heroes are equally strong in any part of the day. That is balance

I like you idea Avalon. it is a brilliant idea. but it is hard to decide for example which one will broke the other one? the wall will stop the phoenix or the phoenix will broke the wall? and should this break reduce the damage of the phoenix or not? and a lot of questions... .

If there would be a hero that can be like balanar but in the day!!!!!...... :cyclops: Very Happy
Back to topGo down   27/3/2011, 11:57 pm  
qassamzed

qassamzed
Commendations : 53

New battle Grounds Empty

after Ethernal blade now water terrain effect.... Morphling will be very happy Smile

but i like cool effect like lina spell will burning tree...or frost nova will freeze the water when casted in river
Back to topGo down   28/3/2011, 6:19 pm  
Rachel

Rachel
Commendations : 21

New battle Grounds Empty

Well, maybe not so huge effects, but some small like movement speed reduction in water or similar would be nice.
Back to topGo down   29/3/2011, 7:50 am  
Xii_end

Xii_end
Commendations : 48

New battle Grounds Empty

I don't see a place for this in competitive gaming, maybe in the normal modes.
Maybe if teams knew before hand what kind of conditions they will be playing in.
Theres already so much time and effort put into just putting the right team together.
Now these guys have to take this into account that there are going to be other
elements that they are going to have to plan for.

I like the idea but i think it might only work for pubs.
Back to topGo down   29/3/2011, 11:44 pm  
iHaTeIsAaC

iHaTeIsAaC

New battle Grounds Empty

MIKI wrote:
I like you idea Avalon. it is a brilliant idea. but it is hard to decide for example which one will broke the other one? the wall will stop the phoenix or the phoenix will broke the wall? and should this break reduce the damage of the phoenix or not? and a lot of questions... .

If there would be a hero that can be like balanar but in the day!!!!!...... :cyclops: Very Happy
LOve the DS ( Smile ) idea! But I do agree that incorporating the whole ELE TD aspect into DOTA would certainly make for a much more difficult game. I mean it's already got several different meta-games such as last hitting/denying, map control, lane control etc..

To have heroes doing elemental damage on top of everything else you need to know would be fun for someone that is familiar with the original game but would suck for those just starting, the game already takes forever to master...

@Avalon- most of those stat bonuses etc. already exist in the CP mode of DOTA.
Back to topGo down   30/3/2011, 2:54 am  
Sponsored content

New battle Grounds Empty

Back to topGo down     

New battle Grounds

View previous topic View next topic Back to top