PostSubject: Re: I like the game but... 

i know how you feel man lol
Back to topGo down   15/4/2013, 4:22 am  
InbredMountain

InbredMountain
Commendations : 0

I like the game but... - Page 2 Empty

i find its alot easier to get into the game if you do it with other people you know, i just started playing recently as well and 90% of my games have been with 2 or 3 people that i party up with. it just makes the game more enjoyable overall and limits the chance that you'll have someone raging at you in game
Back to topGo down   15/4/2013, 9:07 am  
Xtremus

Xtremus

Well I like the game very much but I feel that new players should at least have some practice with new heroes on bots before joining pubs. really frustrating when team loses thanks to just one guy messing up
Back to topGo down   15/4/2013, 5:44 pm  
biAtch

biAtch

Go watch tutorials, stuff that help u learn the basics and after that try finding someone who is glad to help u improve and stuff.
Back to topGo down   20/4/2013, 12:23 am  
jerome258

jerome258

yes... yes.. take your friend with you and slowly end the friendship with every game you play. Very Happy
Back to topGo down   20/4/2013, 12:41 am  
kuivanakki

kuivanakki

llube
Back to topGo down   22/4/2013, 3:11 am  
balianx

balianx

My advice is for you to focus on easy heroes to start with.

if you have no history with games like dota, play with Drow Ranger for example, or Sniper.

Those are ranged heroes so for newbies is easier to take control of things. Meele can be hard at start.
And this heroes don't have a lot os skills to use, so it takes a little of the complexity and helps you focus on key parts of basic playing, like farming.
Once you master farming creeps and map control, you can start trying other heroes.
Back to topGo down   1/5/2013, 11:02 pm  
Paladinself

Paladinself

My suggestion:
There are 2 ways of learning Dota:
The hard one: ( i went trough it) Play ALOT, everyday 2-3-15 games, you will get flamed alot but at a point of time you will get sick of being flamed and start to read guides, watch vods, .... etc.

The easy one: Ask a expirianced dota player to help you, to explain basic mechanics, item and skillbuilds. Start as a support. Its easier, the team doesnt depend on you as much as if a carry or mid. First off buy a coorier ( if someone from your team already did buy wards, there are some eye typed things on the most common ward placements, near the runes, in the jungle. If you did that you already helped your team alot, vision is the key of playing dota.+ your team will love you for doing so), second CALL MISSES even with vision some players dont react to an incoming gank, so atleast if you call miss they will try doing something, third as a support try not pushing the lane( hitting creeps constantly, using spells on them) as a support you will most likely be laning with a carry wich requires alot of farm, fourth if you see one of the other lanes being killed/ganked alot, buy a TP scroll and go there, help them out for a bit till they get the lane back. And the thing i see as the most important: There are hundreds of Dota sites, channels, guides, if you want to become somewhat decent, take some time off your day to look at them. Watch some proffesional matches ( I preffer doing it on Joindota.com but out there are alot of commentators so you can check them out on youtube.com they all have channels there). And just another thing before i stop with the wall of text: Dota2portal started a mentoring proggram to help out new players, so go and check it out.

The paths are open, choose wisely.

Hope i helped atleast a bit. Smile
Back to topGo down   2/5/2013, 4:57 am  
LuDiQKiLLeR

LuDiQKiLLeR

My advice is start with easy heroes like sniper,riki,huskar and read guides,watch videos and you will learn more about dota 2 Smile
Back to topGo down   7/5/2013, 10:53 pm  
https://www.facebook.com/alpay.myumyunov http://steamcommunity.com/id/alpai96 https://www.youtube.com/user/LuDiQHuNtEr ludiq_pi4_ot_d4
Consural

Consural

The thing is,even if you are a professional player,you'll get insulted in pubs.It doesn't matter,everyone makes mistakes in dota.But making a lot of mistakes is usually what makes you lose the game.So people might get mad at you if you make the most mistakes in your team.

To counter this,either play heroes that you know best,or just pick easy to play heroes.
Back to topGo down   7/5/2013, 11:02 pm  
goldenpike

goldenpike

best method is to ignore those holes. and just do your thing.
Back to topGo down   8/5/2013, 12:13 am  
Bazforce1er#Yolo/Swag

Bazforce1er#Yolo/Swag

I dislike the abandon system i have really inconsistent internet so i usually end up going support but on a few notable occasions we have stomped and i have dc'd struggled to fix it and when i get it stable and can log in so going 5-3-12 and getting an abandon while still playing for the next 15-20 mins is just disheartening
Back to topGo down   8/5/2013, 12:38 am  
MrMcDerp

MrMcDerp

I would suggest to play against bots.
Back to topGo down   8/5/2013, 1:51 am  
tidusrox

tidusrox

Dota is by far the first one in flaming. You just have to make sure you won't noob 100%, by reading tutorials and videos first, and playing at least one time with bots, as many said. Then if someone rages about you, is because he fails in life. So no problem, right?
Back to topGo down   8/5/2013, 7:17 am  
Laizel

Laizel

Dota 2 has one of the worst communities in the world.
Yeah, right, you should learn to play with bots and read some guides before playing on pubs, otherwise you will ruin the game for you teamnates.
But still, dota 2 have a lot of douchebags that can insult you for no reason. Use the report button in that case %)
Back to topGo down   11/5/2013, 3:42 am  
http://steamcommunity.com/id/laizel/ https://www.youtube.com/user/MisterLaizel Laizelpr
ReySkee

ReySkee

Stick with one hero or else your just wasting time cuz each hero have their own playstyle
Back to topGo down   12/5/2013, 10:37 pm  
Sponsored content

Back to topGo down     

I like the game but...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top