sarge878

sarge878
Commendations : 0

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone! 

Hello everyone, Sarge here and I am brand-spanking-new to Dota 2 and any other game like it! I saw game play and was hooked instantly, so I'm here to learn and hopefully find some people who wouldn't mind playing with a total noob and maybe would even be so kind as to take me under their wing.

Have a great day,
Sarge
Back to topGo down   21/9/2012, 11:44 am  
clumsyGAMER777

clumsyGAMER777
Commendations : 1

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! 

Welcome! Have nice stay in the forums.
Back to topGo down   21/9/2012, 12:36 pm  
GoSuJinZ

GoSuJinZ
Commendations : 32

Hello everyone! Empty

Hello there! Welcome to the portal Smile
Well, if you want a mentor, why not tell us which part of the world are you in? After all... we can't teach you if we are living so far from your area due to lags.

For me it's just practice practice practice. Start of slow with easy AI VS AI(Cause there are players in People VS AI which will just play to stomp the computers thus, giving you insufficient challenge!) and slowly progress to Unfair. Once you are fine with Unfair AI VS AI try a few games of Unfair AI VS People. Just a few games would do, 3-5 or so. If you got the feel already and are ready for a Player VS Player match, go for it. That's how I do it for my Starcraft II Smile

If somehow you are stuck in your progress and are unable to pass one of these obstacles, there's always a DoTA2Portal Learn To Play and DoTA2Portal Did You Know(DYK). If they aren't enough for you, you can look up DoTACinema too... they give guides for specific heroes. DoTA Cinema also has Learn DoTA 2 videos which shows you some very useful skills.

It's also a pretty good choice to watch these videos even if you are progressing well... since most skills shown from these videos can't be learnt easily from just experience.
Back to topGo down   21/9/2012, 2:22 pm  
sarge878

sarge878
Commendations : 0

Hello everyone! Empty

I live in the US, on the East Coast.

Well I've pretty much watched all the videos here, and I've been watching a lot of the DoTACinema videos. The problem is, I create a private match so it's just me and a bunch of bots, but then after that, I'm just at a loss at what to do :/ Everything just seems so daunting and I have no clue where to start, so I just end up quitting and going to watch a video again haha. Thank you for your advice though, I guess I should just keep trying
Back to topGo down   21/9/2012, 2:39 pm  
clumsyGAMER777

clumsyGAMER777
Commendations : 1

Hello everyone! Empty

I live in Canada. Just sayi'n.
Back to topGo down   22/9/2012, 1:42 pm  
Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper
Commendations : 39

Hello everyone! Empty