CptPlanet


avatar
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2012-07-08
Posts : 14

PostSubject: rage and bad manners 

Hello!
ive played dota 2 for some time now, and what i see more and more often is people useing names and such to blame other players for losing a match or doing something wrong.
I know we have a report button to report people, but 1\10 cases only get punishment for doing such things.

Ive meet countless players that play bad them self but instead project theyr rage on other players, something that is not good when new players come into to join the dota 2 sensation.

I know this is not a suggestion sub-forum but i wanted to hear out what people think about this mather, as i myself never rage and i rather say "why did you do that? you can instead do this or that". something that gives players motivasjon to play more and attracts more people to continue playing dota 2.

Now i can understand getting ragey over loseing countless matches, but in my opinion it should not be taken out on other players. Atlest not when they are trying to have a clam disccusion about the game and what we could have done diffrently to won instead of loseing.

Most people are randoms that do this, but i also meet alot of friends that que up and starts rageing on a solo player (all of them rageing and useing names on that one player).

I have no idea how many times ive hitt the report button because of bad manners, name useing, blameing, rageing and so on. but ive never once used the report button to report a player for feeding or ruining a game, Because i know for a fact that we have new players that come into play everyday. and some people are just haveing a bad day.

I really want people to understand what big impact it has on the community when people do such things. so this is why i write this.

Now im not the best player and i can admit ive raged in the past, but ive gotten rid of that useless emotion as it only makes people play worse overall.
its like going into a game and constantly be reminded that you suck because you havent played the game enough. something that can effect players and make them quit or just not give a F&%/ about the game or players or community, and it spreads from player to play to player.

in the end we have a big evil circel that constantly rages on eachother.

Many people know about heroes of newerth, and this is a good exsample on what happens to a community when people constantly rage on other players.
In the end you have a larg amount of people that will never be nice to eachother and constantly contribuit to a bad community.

Now my question is, is this really what we want for dota 2? i mean, is ragey players what we want in our community?

Its really important to actually think about this questions before you start going all A-wall on a player because they havent warded. or dident stun the corect target. or you lost the game and now your so mad you just want to rip someone throat up.

Belive me ive been there, and rage is a useless emotion when your playing games for FUN or for competetive reasons.

I love the dota 2 community, and i wish it to become much better than it is. because the way i see it now it's starting to go the same way as Heroes of newerth community is.

No one can take advice, no one can greet people with a friendly hello, and no one can have fun while playing because there is allways people there makeing you rage because they rage.

Sorry for my typos i have alot of them, but im really starting to get trierd in being the only one that dosent rage.

/regards
cpt.pl4n3t
Back to topGo down   9/7/2012, 11:19 am  
View user profile
qassamzed


avatar
.
Commendations : 53
Join date : 2011-02-10
Posts : 1575

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

Quote :
as i myself never rage and i rather say "why did you do that? you can instead do this or that".

dun worry myb you and me same.... I also never blame people then do trashtalk but yes sometimes i do my rage by type " Wtf you doing " ...and sometimes give advice to lane who feed ex: "Spent 200 gold for Obs ...it will save u ! "

Actually i'm fine with people who rage and blame but i cannot accept people who use chat to Taunting loser team.
coz its the worst ,they already win then want to see the loser rage ? that what i call a very bad manner.

btw
which region you play and how much game you already play ?
coz actually i rarely meet bad manner player
Back to topGo down   9/7/2012, 6:24 pm  
View user profile qassamzed@yahoo.com
CptPlanet


avatar
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2012-07-08
Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

i play eu and us-east.

My point is not that i care about ragey players. its that its ruining the community for new players.
If a new player starts a game and on the first day get "you fucking suck, uninstall dota 2" and so on. i dont belive that player will get the motivasjon to play more.

i wrote this post so people could be more aware of what they are doing and saying to other people, and that it actually effects the community in a very very bad way.

i want to promot people for giveing advice and the people who rage and are just bad mannerd should be punished. its not about breaking rules, its about improveing the communtiy. that we all play inn and act in on a everyday base (some just casual, but you get my point).

i find it more amusing to play with russian players, becasue they dont speak english and you dont need to listen to "bad mannerd players".

oh yeah, i play about 50+ h\w.
Back to topGo down   10/7/2012, 4:41 am  
View user profile
percevil


avatar
.
Commendations : 2
Join date : 2012-05-22
Posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

until world peace is achieved, please forget about solving the rage problem in dota 2 or any other game.

Raging has become part of the game whether you like it or not. I'm not saying its good but at times I do enjoy it myself be it trolling or genuine. It is all a part of human interaction. This is the reason you play multiplayer, human interaction. If I was in war and killing an enemy who says 'well done' every single kill, I'd be pretty freaked out. And if everything we say in chat are full of roses and butterflies, I'd rather die sooner. Of course you can always hope to obtain a balance of things, but hey if you can accomplish that then you'd rather go to nirvana than play a kids game.

I'm sure most of you have friends where you have fun sharing profanities and belittling each other. Just look at it the same way, its part of the game. In real life that person who has a major rage crush on you might be the friend you never had.

If you try to control how people should speak and behave then whats the point of having an opinion? Hell hitler tried to control the world with what he truly believes is right, he didnt succeed. So forget about controlling something bigger, the internet.

P.S. rage is an emotion, its not healthy to keep it in all the time. You can ignore others but not yourself.
Back to topGo down   10/7/2012, 7:14 am  
View user profile
CptPlanet


avatar
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2012-07-08
Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

so what your saying is that rage is apart of the game? thats kinda stupid, no offence but rageing is a emotion but giving into it is a choise.

and im not saying to get rid of it, im saying that if people could help contributing to less stupid rage.

i understand why people rage, i used to do it myself. but in reality its like yelling at a kid for something he dident do.
it just passes the rage on to a new player, you might think its "funny" or "trolling". but there is a diffrece in trolling someone "you noob, dont do that trololol".
and saying : "piecee of shit fucktard, uninstall the game".

and yes i ignore my own rage, and keeping it inn is something i do not do. i IGNORE it, big diffrence.

if you keep it inn, you keep thinking about the rage. and so you rage more the next time, and the next time after that.

If you ignore it, it basicly goes away. its the same as not stabbing people with a knife because they made you angry in a argument.


and im not saying everyone should go out and spread roses or butterflys. and spit unicorns.

What im saying is, if people start thinking before typeing. we would have a lot better community.


PS: world peace has nothing to do with rageing idiots, it has something to do with greedy leaders.
Back to topGo down   10/7/2012, 7:47 am  
View user profile
Snuffeldjuret


avatar
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2011-03-21
Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

If you need to let out some steam, punch in the wall like a man instead of raging on your team8s like a pussy.
Back to topGo down   10/7/2012, 10:59 pm  
View user profile
CptPlanet


avatar
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2012-07-08
Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

Snuffeldjuret wrote:
If you need to let out some steam, punch in the wall like a man instead of raging on your team8s like a pussy.

100% agree, though if people did that. there would be more holes than walls for the dota 2 community :p
Back to topGo down   11/7/2012, 1:42 am  
View user profile
GravedamN


avatar
.
Commendations : 50
Join date : 2011-06-26
Posts : 2019

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

Hello, Captain.
Back to topGo down   11/7/2012, 10:24 am  
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/gravedamn http://steamcommunity.com/id/grvdmn/
CptPlanet


avatar
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2012-07-08
Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

GravedamN wrote:
Hello, Captain.
hello
Back to topGo down   11/7/2012, 10:56 am  
View user profile
Blood4u


avatar
.
Commendations : 37
Join date : 2011-07-20
Posts : 1461

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

I am i think one of the most "ragefull" of the comunity of dota 1 and 2,i got this big problem mostly because i played almost all mobas game(except smite) and there are different gaming mods and situation,in lol for example you dont have a new champion and when you get the free wekk and a nub takes that champion and plays it in normal games insted of bots games to learn about it,same as in dota where if you never played a champion go train in bots,they offer great experience it;s not a bad thing to do that,when that nub guy gets in your team and feeds and you lose the match but you were the best from your team,and better than the enemy team aswell,why Woulnd't you have the right to rage and ban that nub???

In my opinion to stop raging,there should be a system to allow you to permenatly ban a person/or temporary from your matchmaking ,this meaning you can't hooked up with them again.

I see only good sides to this method not even 1 bad side,it's your choice to ban them thus meaning longer matchmaking but you won't rage.

In my opinion it's no problem for me to see ragers,when they are right about it.Do not confund i hate "russians" or how they are called,that rage and spam because you dont pick suport altough its normal game for gods sake,or you steal theyre farm and theyre kills.

It's a normal game this means no rules to do solo lane/mid/suport jungler or try lane ,if you think this is the only way that dota 2 should be played just play only cm.

The abbove is my opinion only,and banebu can confirm how much i rage cause of noobs.
Back to topGo down   11/7/2012, 6:26 pm  
View user profile http://radu.budau@gmail.com blood4u2 radu_nova@yahoo.com
meph90


avatar
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2012-01-19
Posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

Flaming noobs is a very old tradition in dota. One does not simply complain about traditions.
You can accept it or you can complain about it untill the day you will accept it.

At wc3 dota noobs got flamed for every shit they made wrong and this way they learned how to play.
Then someone started writing AI maps, so people could train with bots, which was a huge opportunity for all newcomers to improove their skill. I by myself trained like a month with this AI maps before shit got serious.

And now in Dota2 you even have tutorials, suggested buy lists, tons of description and help and you can even select the difficulty of bots.
This is a damn luxury to what we had before. And I start raging if newcomers do not take this opporunities. They get a betakey, know nothing and think they can stomp some pubs. "who needs botss for training? I dont need that shit, lets find a real game, haters gonna hate" is what they think. "Yeah, haters gonna hate and flame you piece of noobshit against the wall" is what I think.

I am always ready to help players if they show some courage and will. But on the other hand I doom those who think they could solo the whole enemy team AND kill towers backdoors.

So much to flaming noobs. I would however agree with your point if it is in (that were 4 words with "i" + consonant in a row!) a competitve game with skilled players. With experience comes the awareness for fails. If s.o. fails, and he knows it and says sry, then noone has the right to flame him if her accepts his own mistake and learns from it. Good teamplayers will know when to flame and when not to flame. Sometimes a bit flame can force people to play more carefully. Beeing humble all along is something you can do in hello-kitty-online, but not in dota.
Back to topGo down   11/7/2012, 8:19 pm  
View user profile general.mephisto
Mizkipz


avatar
.
Commendations : 2
Join date : 2012-06-28
Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

If it's about the community, one should not expect much. It's easier to post spam and flame than to help people, and so if you're the generalizing type, you'd see the dota population as 'more of trash-talking and flaming'. This may also stemmed from the fact that most players play in online pubs, they can easily get away if they offend someone. I periodically rage, that's a fact, we do have our own limited patience, the thing however is not to be consumed with stress while playing; you play to entertain yourself, not to walk away feeling damn about your last game every now and then).

For newer players, they should have this knowledge. If they know what they're up against (this unwelcoming community), they can set their minds not to be dragged with the others (flaming other people because they were flamed themselves).

In light of this, you'd sometimes get games with cool people (ignoring flames, enjoying the game instead of picking on the mistakes of others). It's a rare treat, and it makes you think that it's a balanced world (with how I think though).
Back to topGo down   12/7/2012, 2:47 am  
View user profile
banebu


avatar
.
Commendations : 34
Join date : 2011-07-27
Posts : 4521

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

I approve bloods message in more ways than one(I saw somw stuff pointed at me blood but ill take it cause its true)
cpt I totally agree with you and iwish more dota players were like you. Sorry for typos on my phone. Ps I actually agree with everyone except mikz and perc
Back to topGo down   13/7/2012, 3:26 am  
View user profile komarac78
CptPlanet


avatar
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2012-07-08
Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

i only play mobas myself, dosent mean i rage. to rage means that you chose you give into that emotion. and yeah some people like to play with.

i on the other hand belives it makes me play bad, and makes other people play bad. some might even quit because of the horrible things they have to hear from a guy rageing. now not everyone will take the rage to them, but some will.

And thats why i belive rageing should be kept to yourself. If you trult love dota 2 or any other moba game, you will not let your "selfish" emotions go out on other players.

But i got to say that, i hope they add a type of matchmakeing that puts a wall betwin "noobs | prohs". that will ressolve alot of the problems. people need to be able to learn the game without "omfg you noob uninstall dota 2". and advance players should be able to play without the "sorry first time playing" :p
Back to topGo down   14/7/2012, 1:44 am  
View user profile
banebu


avatar
.
Commendations : 34
Join date : 2011-07-27
Posts : 4521

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

Yea it would be cool if the matchmaking started to work correctly. I my self think that there should be a factor of games played instead it is now.
Back to topGo down   14/7/2012, 6:18 am  
View user profile komarac78
CptPlanet


avatar
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2012-07-08
Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

banebu wrote:
Yea it would be cool if the matchmaking started to work correctly. I my self think that there should be a factor of games played instead it is now.

true! but also i belive there should be people that try to improve the community like i am. might not be many that actually care like me, but then again i belive people want to play in a rage free community. and theres is a big diffrent in rage ; fucktard, go kill yourself\learn how to ward noob.

but thats what you see, and thats what i want people to think about. "should i give advice instead of meaningless curse words". though the meaningless curse word part feels good, it dose actually ruins the community in a very bad way.

have fun and try hard if u want, but if u wanna be a good player. i wouldent recommend rage, just makes you and other people play bad Razz
Back to topGo down   14/7/2012, 2:55 pm  
View user profile
CptPlanet


avatar
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2012-07-08
Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

Mizkipz wrote:
If it's about the community, one should not expect much. It's easier to post spam and flame than to help people, and so if you're the generalizing type, you'd see the dota population as 'more of trash-talking and flaming'. This may also stemmed from the fact that most players play in online pubs, they can easily get away if they offend someone. I periodically rage, that's a fact, we do have our own limited patience, the thing however is not to be consumed with stress while playing; you play to entertain yourself, not to walk away feeling damn about your last game every now and then).

For newer players, they should have this knowledge. If they know what they're up against (this unwelcoming community), they can set their minds not to be dragged with the others (flaming other people because they were flamed themselves).

In light of this, you'd sometimes get games with cool people (ignoring flames, enjoying the game instead of picking on the mistakes of others). It's a rare treat, and it makes you think that it's a balanced world (with how I think though).

i do like the train of thought there mate, but as i wrote before. there arent many enough of players like that. wish the world was balanced but its not, shivery is dead and people dont care Razz
Back to topGo down   14/7/2012, 3:00 pm  
View user profile
banebu


avatar
.
Commendations : 34
Join date : 2011-07-27
Posts : 4521

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

CptPlanet wrote:
banebu wrote:
Yea it would be cool if the matchmaking started to work correctly. I my self think that there should be a factor of games played instead it is now.

true! but also i belive there should be people that try to improve the community like i am. might not be many that actually care like me, but then again i belive people want to play in a rage free community. and theres is a big diffrent in rage ; fucktard, go kill yourself\learn how to ward noob.

but thats what you see, and thats what i want people to think about. "should i give advice instead of meaningless curse words". though the meaningless curse word part feels good, it dose actually ruins the community in a very bad way.

have fun and try hard if u want, but if u wanna be a good player. i wouldent recommend rage, just makes you and other people play bad Razz

Maybe introducing some system that rewards you for staying cool and not raging at a dead or generally the gameplay of the player unlike the rest of the team.
This could give the effect we wish: a rage free community.
Back to topGo down   14/7/2012, 10:51 pm  
View user profile komarac78
Blood4u


avatar
.
Commendations : 37
Join date : 2011-07-20
Posts : 1461

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

^actually there could be a cool thing to not be able to write as much time as you are dead?
Razz.

I mean if you do want to escape this ragefull comunity,but i wouldnt like the system the noobs have to learn that if they get into the shit and join games that arent designed for them they cant just go away and to the next game to ruin.
Back to topGo down   14/7/2012, 10:55 pm  
View user profile http://radu.budau@gmail.com blood4u2 radu_nova@yahoo.com
CptPlanet


avatar
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2012-07-08
Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

true i belive there should be some system for it, currenlt you can commend people. though not many do, and you can report but barely anyone gets punished.

not that im saying that we should do like the LoL community, but they basicly got 0 tollerance for flameing and bad manners. and you actually have to play and amount of games before going into match makeing. something dota 2 hasent implemented yet.
Back to topGo down   15/7/2012, 4:26 am  
View user profile
banebu


avatar
.
Commendations : 34
Join date : 2011-07-27
Posts : 4521

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

Well captain we could discuss some possible improvements in helping dota 2 community on skype and make it formal šum it up and contact valve and icefrog if you want.
Back to topGo down   15/7/2012, 6:53 am  
View user profile komarac78
CptPlanet


avatar
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2012-07-08
Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

banebu wrote:
Well captain we could discuss some possible improvements in helping dota 2 community on skype and make it formal šum it up and contact valve and icefrog if you want.

sure though i dont know much about contacting valve\icefrog about improvments. and i wouldent be avalabe for talking on skype for a couple days. playing with my litle brother Smile learning him how Mobas work Razz
Back to topGo down   15/7/2012, 7:15 am  
View user profile
banebu


avatar
.
Commendations : 34
Join date : 2011-07-27
Posts : 4521

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

It's no rush and I never planned talkin with Mic's if that is what you thought
Back to topGo down   15/7/2012, 7:40 am  
View user profile komarac78
Khader


avatar
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2012-07-18
Posts : 2

PostSubject: I r Nub 

I've seen a big improvment after coming from HON I only played about 200 games of HON and always someone would ragequit or start screaming at a noob or someone who obviously didn't know their hero well. This is my 3rd week playing dota 2 I've gotten 110 games played 53 wins and 57 losses. I will admit I didn't go to the bot training and lost my first 3 games in a row but I did have 2 veteran players teaching me plus my knowledge from HON. Since my shakey beginings I'm suprised that not more people rage. I've played some horrible games where nothing went right and I even felt like all I was doing was feeding. Only one person has raged at me and it started with asking WTF I was doing.... I answered IDK what are you doing we have the same score. ( I missed Ulti and we both died)He text raged then moved on to voice rageing ending it with do the community a favor and uninstall the game and kill yourself!. I actually LOL on the voice and told him to rage more. I reported as did the other players on the team and 1 day later I got the message about taking actions against players. I checked his profile again and he has no more games played since I saw that message. I myself try to never rage. It sometimes gets out but I just don't type or voice my anger, its not worth it conveying to others that your angry about them.

I do think that like HON they need a unranked or free learn matchs that don't get counted. Make someone get 5 wins against other noobs before joining the normal Match maker que.

I actually like it when people let me know in the selection screen that they are noobs or trying someone new.I can then try to pick a good lane partner to lane with them. If they pick a good mid charcter I might also pick a good middle toon to beable to switch if they can't handle a vet pudge or sniper. Giving them hints and early warnings of ss helps them alot. Map spam might be ignored as they are new and don't understand what it means yet so hopping on voice and saying back might be better. Think back to when you were a noob did you notice people writing ss or mia or spam pinging map? I still have a hard time until about mid game when I know for sure what color is in what lane, buy then its ganking time anyhow.

TL;DR
I agree with OP that the community as a whole needs to watch and not let the actions of a few define the rest, however I feel that with games like HON and COH that we will see alot more bad attitudes and ragers when DOTA 2 goes live.
Back to topGo down   18/7/2012, 2:56 am  
View user profile
CptPlanet


avatar
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2012-07-08
Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

banebu wrote:
It's no rush and I never planned talkin with Mic's if that is what you thought

scrubbish = skype name lol
Back to topGo down   18/7/2012, 3:55 am  
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: rage and bad manners 

Back to topGo down     
 

rage and bad manners

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-
Jump to: