Howlgram


avatar
.
Commendations : 41
Join date : 2010-12-24
Posts : 1864

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

yeah, i know what that is like foulb3ast, but it is very different to leave 1 of many matches, than everytime you are loosing leave
Back to topGo down   4/2/2011, 10:52 am  
View user profile
SUPERSTOBIE


avatar
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2011-04-13
Posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

to be honest an element of Dota I am not fond of is denying, in all forms.

I hate that if I am playing a game against some one who denying I have to worry about last hitting creeps just to counter act his denying. one of the biggest reasons i am against it is because in a lot of situations it does not take skill to do i my opinion i think its a waste of game time and only makes a difference creep wise in the beginning of the game.

I hate tower denying because to me it does not make sense. Because you killed your own tower it was planned I get less gold? the same goes for heroes it does not make sense to me I think this argument applies even to creeps. if i get experience when things of the enemies dies, weather it is by my hands or an allies why should it matter if they are killed by friendly fire? I think if the denying element was taken out of dota there would be more focus on how you play the hero and less attention on trying to kill things your opponents are trying to kill before he can kill them.

i doubt they will ever get rid of denying, but that is what frustrates me about the game other than that love it Very Happy
Back to topGo down   13/4/2011, 11:51 pm  
View user profile
qassamzed


avatar
.
Commendations : 53
Join date : 2011-02-10
Posts : 1575

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

@Foulb3ast
lol...
in my place there are 1 more factor = electricty power loss (blackout)

@SUPERSTOBIE
thats why I HATE PLAY IN MIDDLE LANE
I like play in bottom / top because we can start war (kill or be killed) from level 1
Back to topGo down   14/4/2011, 1:05 am  
View user profile qassamzed@yahoo.com
iHaTeIsAaC


avatar
.
Commendations : 10
Join date : 2011-03-28
Posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

There are several different meta games in dota; learning to play each well, is key to being an above average player.

Denying has a huge effect on carries/semi carries for obvious reasons. Shut them down early game, keep the pressure on and they will not recover. A good counter strategy for someone who is denying you a lot is to simply control the runes and gank the other lanes.

If the hero you're getting outlaned by is a carry that would be too dangerous to leave alone, don't be afraid to change lanes or ask for a disabler to lane with you.

Another solution would be to not play farm dependent heroes until you've mastered last hits/denying.
Back to topGo down   14/4/2011, 2:05 am  
View user profile
[L-60]


avatar
.
Commendations : 23
Join date : 2011-04-13
Posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

1-lag
2-maphack
3-leavers
4-foods
5-bugs
Back to topGo down   14/4/2011, 7:40 pm  
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/lancer60 http://steamcommunity.com/id/lancer60/ lancer_60 lance.gumtang@yahoo.com
rootbeer


avatar
.
Commendations : 1
Join date : 2011-04-17
Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

Thing i dont wanna see in dota would be of course map hacks. Unfair advanges are extremely game-spoiling. I would also like to see a smoother engine. Current dota engine feels very rough to me. Besides that i think everthing else is managable if not awesome.
Back to topGo down   17/4/2011, 8:08 pm  
View user profile
vengeance


avatar
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2011-04-25
Posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

I realy hate in DOTA that when the host leaves the game ends. Will it be the same in DOTA 2 ? I also want to ask about key bindings. Will I be able to cast spells with f.e. QWER ?
Back to topGo down   25/4/2011, 7:21 am  
View user profile
D2P.Nexus


avatar
.
Commendations : 163
Join date : 2010-11-06
Posts : 3087

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

vengeance wrote:
I realy hate in DOTA that when the host leaves the game ends. Will it be the same in DOTA 2 ? I also want to ask about key bindings. Will I be able to cast spells with f.e. QWER ?

No, it won't be the same cause games will be server hosted and not hosted on smwns comp. about key binding; i can guarantee that it will be possible. that is possible even now in DotA (1).
Back to topGo down   25/4/2011, 8:59 am  
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/dota2portal https://twitter.com/#!/DOTA2Portal/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047018876 http://raptr.com/dota2portal http://www.youtube.com/user/Dota2PortalTV dudy3@hotmail.com
Howlgram


avatar
.
Commendations : 41
Join date : 2010-12-24
Posts : 1864

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

if you are interested in switching your actual DotA keybindins (which imo you are Smile ) you should look up and download a program named "Warkeys" (google is your friend Smile haha), it lets you customize any hero spell hotkey or even inventory (which is EXTREMELY useful), you can even add your own hotkeys, for example, when i press the "home" button, it sends a message to all players saying "Good luck Have fun =)" hehehe
Back to topGo down   25/4/2011, 10:15 am  
View user profile
[L-60]


avatar
.
Commendations : 23
Join date : 2011-04-13
Posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

^ how that happened?
Back to topGo down   25/4/2011, 9:17 pm  
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/lancer60 http://steamcommunity.com/id/lancer60/ lancer_60 lance.gumtang@yahoo.com
Xii_end


avatar
.
Commendations : 48
Join date : 2011-02-14
Posts : 1646

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

Thats really cool... i didnt know it was that cool i have question tho... I use Dota keys...
Which works with q.w.e.r (spells) 2.3.4.5.6.7 (inventory)
You press f8 and then enter then you press backslash and the 1st 4 letters of a heroes name ... like so
\lesa <<<<<---------------- Venomancer
Then its rigged... its limited only to where e.g if i play invoker i cant use the qwer keys for Emp and the rest of the spells, i can obviously combine them but thats it... cant use the 2 spells without manually clicking on the icons with teh mouse.. lame.. but those are the only complaints i have.
Ok and lastly f3,f4,f5 and f6 are buttons you can set to have any message to your allies, i normally make them MIA's or BACK...
HOWLGRAM
Tell me more about Warkeys, i am interested to know and also if you think its better then Dota keys.?????????????????????????????????????
Back to topGo down   26/4/2011, 3:05 am  
View user profile
beiriang@yahoo.com


avatar
.
Commendations : -1
Join date : 2011-05-03
Posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

Things that annoy me is my teammate that doesn't listen to me :tis: >.<
Back to topGo down   3/5/2011, 9:42 pm  
View user profile
[L-60]


avatar
.
Commendations : 23
Join date : 2011-04-13
Posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

We can use our emails?
Back to topGo down   3/5/2011, 9:44 pm  
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/lancer60 http://steamcommunity.com/id/lancer60/ lancer_60 lance.gumtang@yahoo.com
Xii_end


avatar
.
Commendations : 48
Join date : 2011-02-14
Posts : 1646

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

Teamies that don't listen can also get annoying..
but it also gets annoying sometimes when you are going for that Ultra kill and you miss it because you run out of mana!!! I hate that.
Back to topGo down   3/5/2011, 11:40 pm  
View user profile
Nyko


avatar
.
Commendations : 23
Join date : 2010-12-25
Posts : 873

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

lancer60 wrote:
We can use our emails?


What?
Back to topGo down   6/5/2011, 11:25 pm  
View user profile
qassamzed


avatar
.
Commendations : 53
Join date : 2011-02-10
Posts : 1575

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

-endzeit- wrote:
Teamies that don't listen can also get annoying..
but it also gets annoying sometimes when you are going for that Ultra kill and you miss it because you run out of mana!!! I hate that.

agree... specially in ganking or big war
to avoid that u must give a signal..(repeated minimap ping / chat)
Back to topGo down   7/5/2011, 9:25 pm  
View user profile qassamzed@yahoo.com
Bazinga


avatar
.
Commendations : 50
Join date : 2011-05-22
Posts : 1830

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

When playing pubs:

1) If im one a side line with a person who has a ring of basilius. They sometimes don't turn it off, so the creeps have 3 extra armor. We end up pushing the lane, so the possilbility of the solo-mid hero of the opponent ganking our lane is like doubled...
so i end up checking mid lane every 20 sec to see if the hero is still there.

2) When im playing a carry, for example spectre and other people in your team like casters/item independant heroes still kills from you. What is the point?! they are stealing money from the hero who will carry them late game...

3) Every time i have a bottle and go to capture a rune, there is never the rune i want! When im on low hp/mana im needing the regeneration rune and i end up getting either invis or double damage. When i want to go gank another lane, i rarely get invsibility/dd/illusions, i mostly get regeneration when its not needed.
It just feels like its not only the opponents, but the whole game is against me Very Happy
Back to topGo down   25/5/2011, 9:56 am  
View user profile
Howlgram


avatar
.
Commendations : 41
Join date : 2010-12-24
Posts : 1864

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

ok, LEAVERS once again
i just played a game, 3(my team)vs5
and it lasted 72 minutes, if we had at least, AT LEAST 1 more player we would have won for SUUUURE

Bazinga wrote:

It just feels like its not only the opponents, but the whole game is against me Very Happy

OMG, i totally understand you, DotA HATES on me XD It keeps surprising me how some spells are exceptions to what is supposed to happen according to the mechanics that i have learnt. Oh yeah, and the result is NEVER positive for me.
Back to topGo down   25/5/2011, 1:42 pm  
View user profile
Malice


avatar
.
Commendations : 6
Join date : 2011-03-14
Posts : 70

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

Hate hackers, i hope they won't swarm Dota2 like they swarm out dated WC3 engine / map.

hate game spoilers, can't we do anything to this ? this includes leavers, purposely feeders, etc.

Hate Haters, miss one stun and you are called a noob, help kill hero been called a Ksser, many more.
Back to topGo down   25/5/2011, 3:50 pm  
View user profile
Sven


avatar
.
Commendations : 0
Join date : 2011-05-29
Posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

Honestly I hope they keep the game-play as close as possible to the way it is now. Really what the game needs the most is the out of game things;

1. avoiding leavers: playing on B.net you get maybe one in seven or eight games make it to 30 mins with 10 players.

2. balanced pub games: the best games will always be with friends, but 95% of the time your 9 friends wont all have identical play schedules.

3. reconnecting: it happens to the best of us, due to computer fail, internet fail, power fail ect.

4. better replay viewing: a built in viewer that can A) be rewound B) Not have to worry about version and C) viewed by a group
Back to topGo down   29/5/2011, 12:08 pm  
View user profile
Howlgram


avatar
.
Commendations : 41
Join date : 2010-12-24
Posts : 1864

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

@Sven Exactly =)
Back to topGo down   29/5/2011, 2:26 pm  
View user profile
hcolyle


avatar
.
Commendations : 3
Join date : 2011-04-29
Posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

one word: leavers.
Back to topGo down   31/5/2011, 5:49 am  
View user profile
Nyko


avatar
.
Commendations : 23
Join date : 2010-12-25
Posts : 873

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

haha, they frustrate everyone...
Back to topGo down   31/5/2011, 8:58 am  
View user profile
Bazinga


avatar
.
Commendations : 50
Join date : 2011-05-22
Posts : 1830

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

I disagree with the leavers problem. Ofcourse it will be an issue if you play on BNet or Garena, but there are alternative platforms with better players. I suggest you try DOTALICIOUS, because you browse games through your browser (firefox, chrome or opera - whatver you have). The platform has player statistics for each player, and every game has matchmaking rating to ensure you meet people with the same skill level. Lastly you don't have leavers there because leaving a game results in IP ban.
Back to topGo down   31/5/2011, 9:02 am  
View user profile
Howlgram


avatar
.
Commendations : 41
Join date : 2010-12-24
Posts : 1864

PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

Bazinga wrote:
I disagree with the leavers problem. Ofcourse it will be an issue if you play on BNet or Garena, but there are alternative platforms with better players. I suggest you try DOTALICIOUS, because you browse games through your browser (firefox, chrome or opera - whatver you have). The platform has player statistics for each player, and every game has matchmaking rating to ensure you meet people with the same skill level. Lastly you don't have leavers there because leaving a game results in IP ban.

i have always wanted to try one of those platforms, but im so used to garena x) and im afraid that my internet accidentally disconnects or that i must leave for some reason and then im compromised, hehe
Back to topGo down   31/5/2011, 4:16 pm  
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA? 

Back to topGo down     
 

What are the things which frustrate You in the DotA?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-
Jump to: